Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

best place to get started on ninjascript?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best place to get started on ninjascript?

can program easylanguage but now need to learn ninjascrip. looking for good resource for introduction to it.

suggestions?

thanks

Hello,

If you have never created a strategy before, I would recommend starting with our point and click interface Strategy Wizard.
    Please see our Help Guide articles on How to use the Strategy Wizard as well as NinjaScript Strategies. More information on these subjects can be found below:
    Click here for more information on Developing Strategies with the Strategy Wizard
    Click here for a Tutorial on Developing Strategies

I'm also proving a link to a recently recorded 'Automated Strategy Development Webinar' video for you to view at your own convenience: http://youtube/fVFqw5W8uGI

We also have great resources in relation to Strategy Development on our Support Forum. There is a very active developer community in our support forum that supplements the responses provided by NinjaTrader support staff providing all users with an exceptional support experience.
    Take me to your support forum!

There are a few Sample Automated Strategies which come pre-configured in NinjaTrader that you can use as a starting point. These are found under Tools--> Edit NinjaScript--> Strategy. You will see locked strategies where you can see the details of the code, but you will not be able to edit (you can though always create copies you can later edit via right click > Save as)
    We also have some Reference samples online as well as ‘Tips and Tricks’ for both indicators and strategies:
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Reference Samples
    Click here to see our NinjaScript Tips

These samples can be downloaded, installed and modified from NinjaTrader and hopefully serve as a good base for your custom works.
    Lastly, you can attend one of our live Automated Strategy Development Webinars to help you get up to speed on developing strategies:

If you have limited time or programming capabilities, you can discuss your requirements with any of our certified NinjaScript consultants.
    Click here for a list of certified NinjaScript Consultants

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

im sorry i should have been a bit clearer. I am not looking to code strategies just simply code some of my basic indicators from easylanguage. I can 'reverse engineer' using existing code but i thought some basic understanding of how the language works, structures, etc. would probably be a more prudent way to move forward if i start getting more advanced.

Comment

I would suggest looking at our Educational Resources from the NinjaScript section of our Help Guide:

This should be enough to help get you started. There is also a tutorial for indicators and strategies to introduce you to our framework.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

exactly what i was looking for thanks

Comment

i must be retarded. read the guide and experimented enough to get very basic code in place to begin programming a simple bar pattern. I am simply trying to plot an arrow under the low of a bar with three consecutive lows (that is Low[0] < Low[1] and Low[1]<Low[2] and Low[2]<Low[3].

Why wont the following syntax work in the OnBarUpdate()

if (Low[0] < Low[1] && Low[1]<Low[2] && Low[2]<Low[3])
            {
            DrawArrowUp("A"+CurrentBar,true,0,Low[0]-(TickSize*_ArrowDisplacement),Color.Green);
            }

thanks

Comment

Hello,

That compiles fine on my end. If it's not plotting, check your log tab of the Control Center.

You likley need to add a current bar check to ensure that there are enough bars to make the calculation:

Code:
              [B]if(CurrentBar < 3)
              return;
              [/B]
              if (Low[0] < Low[1] && Low[1]<Low[2] && Low[2]<Low[3])
              {
              // do stuff
              }
              This is required as you're trying to access the Low[3]. Since OnBarUpdate starts on the first bar on the chart, it cannot access a Low[3], so we ask it to return until there is a Low[3].

This is explained in more detail in the following thread:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

thanks very much. that is the little nuance i did not understand

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rhubear
                by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                8 responses
                1 like