Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACDUpDown Colored MACD up/Down Ticks

Hi,

I've changed the MACD histogram. I've seen this in the book entries and exits from A. Elder in the chapter of Kerry L. I found i very usefull so I implemented it for NT. The histogram turns red when the histogram ticks down and it turns green when the histogram ticks up. Ideal for timing the markets. and see in a glimpse a down or uptick of the histogram.

An example:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MACDUpDown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	890329

Enjoy!

Wessel de Roode
    Last edited by Wessel; 03-11-2008, 02:49 PM. Reason: Updated indicator with more clear colors and thicker bars

Thanks for sharing!
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what is the difference

Hello Wessel what is the difference between v1.1 and V 1.0, looks none?

Thanks

pttsus

Comment

pttsus,

The difference is minor. I cleaned up the source and changed the color of the green historgram from lime into green color which is more visible on a white background and on also still visible on a black background

Wessel

Comment

I really love this indicator, and use it instead of the standard one. Many thanks to the creators

I was thinking it would be really cool to also have the MACD line change colors as well, i.e. when the MACD is above the avg line its blue, and if it is below the line its red...

To take this a step further, if the MACD is above its avg AND above the zero line, the color could change to a stronger blue indicating a strong up trend/buy signal and vice-versa for the sell signals...

Does this sound useful to anybody else?
          Last edited by Elliott Wave; 04-02-2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Hi Elliott Wave,

Thanks for your comments :-) good to hear you appreaciate it drop me some Kudo's . I've saw this indicator in entries&exits of Elder and I decided to build it as I'm a very visual oriented I like to see the details in this way.
            When a bullish deversion appears I sell or buy on the first color change of the bar. That is quite early but works nice.

About your request, I am nog quite clear what you exactly mean. Let me summarize if I understand it correctly:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	848787
            I've done a manual job on this one.
            I cound't find a line above the avg line and a macd histogram below zero. But that would mean thin line and for the downswing ditto.

Is this what you mean?

I might give that a try one of these day's I think it's a nice addition, however on first sight it loks like that it hardly ever happens the thin line.

Wessel

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
            I really love this indicator, and use it instead of the standard one. Many thanks to the creators

I was thinking it would be really cool to also have the MACD line change colors as well, i.e. when the MACD is above the avg line its blue, and if it is below the line its red...

To take this a step further, if the MACD is above its avg AND above the zero line, the color could change to a stronger blue indicating a strong up trend/buy signal and vice-versa for the sell signals...

Does this sound useful to anybody else?
            Last edited by Wessel; 04-02-2008, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wessel View Post
              About your request, I am nog quite clear what you exactly mean. Let me summarize if I understand it correctly:
              [ATTACH]2114[/ATTACH]
              I've done a manual job on this one.
              I cound't find a line above the avg line and a macd histogram below zero. But that would mean thin line and for the downswing ditto.

Is this what you mean?

Wessel
              You've got it!

The second part was just an additional idea to have the shade of the red or blue change depending on whether the signal is above or below the center line. This could indicate different things depending on the settings of the MACD.

Here is a crude picture to help illustrate the point:

Comment

Ah I get your point. Sounds like an interesting Idea. I'll have a look at it.

Wessel

Originally posted by Elliott Wave View Post
                You've got it!

The second part was just an additional idea to have the shade of the red or blue change depending on whether the signal is above or below the center line. This could indicate different things depending on the settings of the MACD.

Here is a crude picture to help illustrate the point:
                http://shup.com/Shup/33800/macd3.jpg

Comment

MACD lines

Is there an indicator available that would color the MACD lines red when sloping downward, blue when sloping upward and yellow when flat? I use the DoubleMA indicator to color EMA lines this way, but it doesn't seem to work on the MACD lines. The modified MACD histogram is also useful, thank you.

Comment

It is possible to code such an indicator with NinjaScript, but I am unsure if one is already released.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there,
                      Good work on this indicator.
                      I was wondering if it would be possible to also plot a black line to follow along with the histogram bars too, kinda like the CCI line and bars?
                      If so, How?
                      Maybe you could make a change to this one or someone could post some code for how to do it...Thanks.
                      Also, along the lines of Elliot Wave's idea...maybe you could plot the color changes right to the zeroline. Just a thought.

Thanks

Comment

Go even further...

Ok .. What if someone can make this MACD a next bar (range bars) projector as it is on Woodies CCI.

Comment

hi dwalls,
                          a really easy way i do this (ploting a line on a bar-/histogramm-style-plot) is to insert a second time the same indicator in the same panel in "line-style" - well - not the smartest way but this does the thing - fast and without having to change every needed indicator-code.

max-td
                          Last edited by max-td; 10-19-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steveg View Post
                            Is there an indicator available that would color the MACD lines red when sloping downward, blue when sloping upward and yellow when flat? I use the DoubleMA indicator to color EMA lines this way, but it doesn't seem to work on the MACD lines. The modified MACD histogram is also useful, thank you.
                            Did anyone figure out how to do this? I programmed this in Tradestation EasyLanguage, and I'm converting over to NT, but I am unfamiliar with programming indicators in NT.

Comment

hi this is great but what do i do with the zip file ,how do i get it into ninja iv never done this before.

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post usazencort  
                              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                              5 responses