Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical Scrolling Script

Hi,

Here is a work around to be able to drag the chart on the vertical axis using the mouse.

The Y-axis movement using the mouse is activated when you press at the same time the CTRL key.

After setting the scale parameter, be sure that the y-axis is full expanded to that scale (drag the mouse all way up on top of Y-axis labels), also be sure you are not using any sma or ema with autoscale on.

Hope you find it usefull,
    Pepe
    Attached Files

Extremely useful!

Critical, in fact!

I've been using NT to execute and manage trades, but have had to keep using Tradestation to run my indicators, as I cannot trade effectively if the Y scale keeps changing (I can't fathom how any discretionary trader can).

Manually managing the Y scale is not an acceptible option for me, and wouldn't work properly anyway, as default NT always compresses the scale to fit all visible price bars.

Finally, I can stop using Tradestation, and take advantage of a real programming language. Thank you very much!

I made a small change: I commented out the "_initiatePrice = true" line in the Plot override, and set CalculateOnBarClose = true. This causes your indicator to, on each bar completion, reset the scale so that the closing price is always in the middle of the plot area - exactly like Tradestation's "Center Last Price" on scaling. Another critical requirement for me (keeps me from subconsciously trying to pick tops and bottoms as price reaches to top or bottom of the y-axis!)

I can't say enough how happy I am with this. This has been a feature sorely lacking in NT - one that has prevented my from really using NT the way it is meant to be used. The NT programmers ought to incorporate your code into a new chart property for their next release.

Thanks again!

Comment

Pepe -- you da man! :-)

OK, I installed it and the scale is fixed now. Can you also scroll up and down the Y axis without changing the scale?
      Last edited by cassb; 04-14-2008, 07:27 AM.
      cassb
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Logical Forex

Comment

Wow, this is some fantastic work! Thank you for sharing it.

I understand how it works, but there are places I just can't figure out.
        Is there a way to disable pricebars being visible behind additional indicator panels?

Comment

This is great. It is really useful.
          I found one problem today though when using it.
          The candles extended outside of the chart window (panel 1) and into the MACD panel. Is there a reason for this?
          It seemed to work at first, but after several big moves in the market it would cause the candles to still be seen outside of panel 1.
          I read that SMA's or EMA's need to be set to no auto scale.
          Any help would be appreciated
          Regards

Comment

Just a follow up.
            Still having problems with the indicator at times causing the price candles to be shown in other panels. Rather than only being seen in the correct panel. Has anyone else had this problem?
            Regards

Comment

Originally posted by vast524 View Post
              Just a follow up.
              Still having problems with the indicator at times causing the price candles to be shown in other panels. Rather than only being seen in the correct panel. Has anyone else had this problem?
              Regards
              I have the same problem and this is a huge lack in Ninjatrader. You should be able to move the y-axis easily like you can do with the x-axis. Will NT7 have this basis feature?

Comment

Hello flxxx or vast524,

Please provide us with a screen shot that illustrates what you are referring to.

Also, can you reproduce this behavior? If so, please provide me with the exact steps to reproduce it.
                DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
                  Hello flxxx or vast524,

Please provide us with a screen shot that illustrates what you are referring to.

Also, can you reproduce this behavior? If so, please provide me with the exact steps to reproduce it.

Sorry for my poor english.

If you go with the cursor on the chart and make a left mouse click you can move the chart from the left to right and back. But you can´t move it up or down. With the VerticalScale_v2.zip it´s working when you hold the ctrl button. But if you move the chart down the candles scroll into panel 2,3,4 etc instead of dissapearing.

I used TS5 till now and their perfect solution is:

click left on the x-axis and move mouse = move chart from left to right

make a right click on the x-axis and move mouse= change the scale from wide to narrow

click left on the y-axis and move mouse = move chart up or down

click right on the y-axis and move mouse = change the y-scale from wide to narrow

they also have a button at the edge of the x- and y-axis that resizes and moves the chart to a nice basic view (after you have stretched and move the chart etc.)

The automatic resizing feature of NT is nice but it should be possible to turn it on/off.

Thx!

Comment

Hello,

You are using 3rd party programming, which we do not provide support for if it is not working. I suggest asking the author of the zip.

You can move the charts vertically by left clicking to the right of the vertical axis and dragging down. I understand this is not exactly what you want to do. What you want to do is not supported, however I will send it to our development department for consideration.

Comment

Hello,

You are using 3rd party programming, which we do not provide support for if it is not working. I suggest asking the author of the zip.

You can move the charts vertically by left clicking to the right of the vertical axis and dragging down. I understand this is not exactly what you want to do. What you want to do is not supported, however I will send it to our development department for consideration.
                      No, I don´t use any programming.

I can extend and contract but not move + the extending is limited. Perhaps I´m doing something wrong, I started with NT a week ago.

Comment

Hello,

This is programming that we do not provide support for: VerticalScale_v2

I am sorry, I do not understand the second portion of your post.

Comment

Hello,

This is programming that we do not provide support for: VerticalScale_v2

I am sorry, I do not understand the second portion of your post.
                          You said: You can move the charts vertically by left clicking to the right of the vertical axis and dragging down.

I think that´s not true. You can extend and contract but not move + the extending is limited. Perhaps I´m doing something wrong, I started with NT a week ago.

Comment

Hello,

The functionality you get by left clicking to the right of vertical axis what we have available. You are not doing anything wrong.

What you want to do is not supported.

The Zip file you are using is not supported. You will need to contact the author.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes