X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Trade Execution script

Hi,

Can't seem to get the script posted here to work:

I'm receiving test and platform notification emails sent from NT7 but although the email address is correctly configured in the Tools > Options > Misc... > Mail alert messages to: field, I'm not getting an email when a new order is filled. v7.0.1000.15 is issuing trades to a live account.

Any ideas?

ki1ian, could you please clarify - did you just input your email in the alert message box or was the full mail setup shown above (in Tools > Options > Misc) done and verified for your platform?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

The full email settings were filled in and verified using the test button (screenshot below):

The "Mail alert messages to:" field was filled in with an email address ending in @gmail.com which happens to be the same as the SMTP username... does that matter?

Comment

Looks good in my book, that would not matter, they are not connected for what you're trying to setup. If you then click 'ok' to persist / accept those new settings. Would the email still not be send on a new live execution from the indicator?

Comment

Yes, that's correct. The indicator was installed and configured over a week ago. NT7 was restarted over the weekend and a new position was entered just this morning but no emails were received:

Comment

Hi Bertrand, haven't heard from you for over a week and I'm keen to find out what progress has been made (if any) in resolving this issue. I have found an alternative solution (at the broker's end) but I'd prefer to get this script working if at all possible?

Many thanks

Comment

Sorry ki1ian for the non update, checked further into matters but could not offer more advise here unfortunately - the script was provided as beta and and 'as is', it's using quite a fair amount of non official NinjaScript methods to access those manual executions.

Comment

Accounts

If I change the properties of the AccountName to the following

[Description("Name of the Account")]
                [GridCategory("Parameters")]
                [TypeConverter(typeof(NinjaTrader.Gui.Design.Accoun tNameConverter))]
                [XmlIgnore()]
                public string AccountName
                {
                get { return (accountName); }
                set { accountName = "Eur"; }
                }

would I be right in assuming that on startup it would automatically link any trades made on the Account named Eur? Seems silly but having to go in and change the indicator from blank to Eur every day is a pain.
                I ask because it seemed to work but when I traded this morning no emails were sent.
                Or is there any other way to get the combo box to have an account as default?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindset View Post
                  If I change the properties of the AccountName to the following

[Description("Name of the Account")]
                  [GridCategory("Parameters")]
                  [TypeConverter(typeof(NinjaTrader.Gui.Design.Accoun tNameConverter))]
                  [XmlIgnore()]
                  public string AccountName
                  {
                  get { return (accountName); }
                  set { accountName = "Eur"; }
                  }

would I be right in assuming that on startup it would automatically link any trades made on the Account named Eur? Seems silly but having to go in and change the indicator from blank to Eur every day is a pain.
                  I ask because it seemed to work but when I traded this morning no emails were sent.
                  Or is there any other way to get the combo box to have an account as default?
                  Why not just set the AccountName field when you declare it?

Comment

Yes. You would think it would be that easy wouldn't you. I think this indicator is just flawed due to some internal issues with NT - it just randomly works and stops working. Worked yesterday - not working today.
                    Bit pointless providing beta indicators on a public platform IMHO. Very frustrating.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse