Plotting the bid/ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plotting the bid/ask

I may have overlooked this feature, but is it possible to incorporate details of the best bid and ask and the current spread into the chart? An indicator which plotted bid and ask lines over the chart (which shows the last trade, not the current bid/ask) may be useful to some traders. I'm thinking something similar to the "tick" charts on MT4 which show a line chart of the bid and ask. Also, would it be possible to have an indicator which plotted a line of the average of the bid/offer. I have no idea how useful these things would be to most traders here, however I can think of one or two uses for them. Further, I'm happy to have a bash at coding these up myself (I've never coded anything for NT) if it could be confirmed that it is possible to do this in NinjaTrader. Thanks in advance.

This is not supported in NT however, someone coded a bid/ask indicator. Please check the file sharing section.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      This is not supported in NT however, someone coded a bid/ask indicator. Please check the file sharing section.
      Thanks for the (as usual) almost instant reply! I'm not sure what you mean by not supported - not present in NT, not going to be added to NT, not possible to do in NT (but someone has coded something similar). Perhaps it would be better to post this in the feedback section, however since I have your attention now.... Would it be possible to have a feature where windows "snap" to each other along the X and Y axis (or perhaps to select windows and resize them all to an arbitrary size)? I have over a dozen charts and I need to keep editing the layout XML files by hand to ensure they are neatly tiled. I plan to add more windows, and some of different sizes, so this would be a useful feature. Thanks for your help. Edit: Using the search feature I can't find the thread / file you refer to. I'll keep looking, but if you remember where you found it I'd appreciate a link.

Comment

Its not supported in that we do not have a feature in our product that plots bid/ask on chart. This will be a supported feature later this year.

Ben of http://www.affordableindicators.com/ coded the indicator I spoke of, you can ask him directlly.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes