Import Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Failed

I want to import this indicator but when I try importing I get a error msg "Import Failed.The NinjaScript Archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exit on your pc or there is required file missing on either your pc or in the import archive".

Please could you help, it would be appreciated?

Attached is the indicator im trying to import.
    Attached Files

Hello jking556,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum.

We first need to figure out where the errors are come from. We will do this by compiling your indicators.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip on our forums - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jclose
    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
    10 responses