Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting NinjaTrader's Process Priority To High

I have posted my Indicator DataFeedMonitorBeta at
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=652 . It sets NinjaTrader's Process Priority to High as well as showing Data Feed delay. High priority gives more accurate Data Feed delay measurements. The displayed test messages can be turned off with Parameter ShowAllMessages=false.

Quoting from http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html : "Windows 8 shares the processor time between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process has a higher priority, it gets more processor time compared to a process having a lower priority. . . . The changes you make to the priority level of the current instance of an application or process are only temporary and not set permanently. Once you close the application or restart the PC, Windows 8 will automatically set the priority back to default for the process or application."
    Last edited by Jim W.; 02-05-2015, 07:40 AM.

New Indicator SetNinjaTradersPriorityHigh

I have uploaded a New Indicator SetNinjaTradersPriorityHigh for those who do not want to use my Indicators LEDOnMarketDataLast or DataFeedMonitor. This Indicator is not needed in Workspace with a Chart that already has my Indicators LEDOnMarketDataLast or DataFeedMonitor, which already set the Priority to High.

This Indicator sets NinjaTrader's Process Priority to High. Change the default or set Parameter to Above Normal or Normal if desired. But, I can't think of a reason to do that unless other applications you need more get sluggish.

Quoting from http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html : "Windows 8 shares the processor time between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process has a higher priority, it gets more processor time compared to a process having a lower priority. . . . The changes you make to the priority level of the current instance of an application or process are only temporary and not set permanently. Once you close the application or restart the PC, Windows 8 will automatically set the priority back to default for the process or application."

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ScottWalsh