Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slope Indicator with Enhaced Option

Hello,
    Any one's help would be appreciated for my problem as bellow.
    Re:The 'Slope Indicator with Enhanced Option' in the page 12 of 15 NT 7 indicators with my current NT 64-bit 7.0.1000.27.

In the 'Parameters' ColorDown and ColorUp sets are not saved/recovered, therefore i have to reset the same colors every time when the chart or workspace reloaded, while all the other indicators in the same chart without such a problem.

i tried to edit to solve this problem ( referred to the NinjaScript indicators sample 'user definable color inputs to determine the color of a drawn rectangle').

i as a layman failed to deal with all those script errors, CS0103,CS0102 etc.

Thanks in advance.
    tysjnt

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

If you would like to upload the version you have tried to modify I could look and see what is causing the error and provide a solution.

You can find the file in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Does your "Slope"-Indicator work fine? I'm toiying with the idea to develop a Solpe Indicator for Bollinger Bands.

Comment

Hello,

Please ensure to create new threads for unrelated new topics in the future.

The slope indicator can be used in NinjaScript so what you are trying is certainly possible. I would be unable to answer if it works fine or not as that would depend on what you consider to be a "fine" value for your personal trading style.

If you already have the platform installed, I would recommend to just test the output values you get from Slope using NinjaScript, that would tell you the values and you could determine if that would work for what you are trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
          Hello,

Thank you for the question.

If you would like to upload the version you have tried to modify I could look and see what is causing the error and provide a solution.

You can find the file in the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

Hello,

i submit herewith the file attachment.

thanks for your best regards.

tysjnt
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This script was just lacking the 2 properties for Serializing the color which is to save the color as text in the workspace and then read it back from text and create a color when it is loaded.

I added the two properties in and now it saves, for reference this is what was added: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=4977

Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This script was just lacking the 2 properties for Serializing the color which is to save the color as text in the workspace and then read it back from text and create a color when it is loaded.

I added the two properties in and now it saves, for reference this is what was added: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=4977

Hello, Jesse

Thanks for the attached file 'SlopeEnhancedOp .zip.

i like to install it after, if possible, two more moving average type, ZeroLagTEMA and ZeroLagHATEMA, added into 'inputType'. Would you please do it for me.

tysjnt
              Last edited by tysjnt; 06-26-2015, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Hello tysjnt,

Thank you for your response.

We do not provide programming services. We can point you in the right direction though.

For an example on enumerations please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3420

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                  Hello tysjnt,

Thank you for your response.

We do not provide programming services. We can point you in the right direction though.

For an example on enumerations please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3420

Please let me know if you have any questions.
                  Hi Jesse

Thanks a LOT Your attached file Solved my problem.

In the same indicator 'SlopeEOp' i tried to improve couple more issues, but i failed to get a result.

1. In the 'Parameter(SlopeEOp', ColorDown and ColoUp rectangle box > the default color selection is 'Web' (Custom,Web,System). How to change this default color selection 'Web' to 'Custom'?

2. Control Center>Tools>Edit NinjaScript>indicator - - - there are lot of locked and un-locked indicators listed.
                  In the 'SlopeEOp' there are 9 indicators(DEMA,EMA,HMA,LinRegSlope,SMA,TEMA,WMA'Z LEMA) DefaultInput, which are locked indicators in my indicator list.
                  i want to Add more Moving Averages un-locked or Locked in my indicator list into the 'SlopeEOp'.

Referring to 'RGBars' indidator(Un-loked) in the same indicator list, the selection of the input indicator available Any indicator in the list.

Your the more Help would be appreciated.

tysjnt

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

The default color editor that comes up would be Web, I do not know of any supported ways to specify which color dialog comes up. An alternative would be to instead use a Custom color as the default instead of a Web color.

In the script there is currently the line:

Code:
                    private Color colorDown = Color.Red;
                    You could change this to

Code:
                    private Color colorDown = Color.FromArgb(255, Color.Red);
                    which is the same color, but because FromArgb is used it is a "Custom" color so the Custom panel is selected when you open the color drop down.

The Locked or Unlocked simply means that the file came with NinjaTrader or did not come with NinjaTrader. Any items that are locked or unlocked can be used from the script by calling its name.

For example, if you wanted to use a SMA in the script, you would just use the syntax as follows to get its value from the Close price series:

Code:
                    double smaValue = SMA(12)[0];
                    The previous file provided is using an ENUM to define the list you see in the indicators Properties which is named: InputSeriesType and you can locate this near the bottom of the file.

Any additional items would need to be added into this enum, and then later used in the logic where needed.

An example would be to find the enum InputSeriesType and locate the line "DEMA", now search the script for each occurrence of InputSeriesType.DEMA and you will see where in the script it is being used and how.

This would allow you to "duplicate" the same logic with a different indicator that is not DEMA. What i mean is that if you wanted to add another MA(lets just call it SMA3) as a option, you would add SMA3 to the InputSeriesType enum and the look in the script for an example of how one of the other MA's has been coded and make your logic just like that.

Additionally, Enum's are a C# concept that is not specific to NinjaTrader, this guide is of great value if any of these concepts are new to you: http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/C_Sharp_Essentials
                    Specifically sections 5 - 11, also there is this documentation for Enum's https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sbbt4032.aspx

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the questions.

The default color editor that comes up would be Web, I do not know of any supported ways to specify which color dialog comes up. An alternative would be to instead use a Custom color as the default instead of a Web color.

In the script there is currently the line:

Code:
                      private Color colorDown = Color.Red;
                      You could change this to

Code:
                      private Color colorDown = Color.FromArgb(255, Color.Red);
                      which is the same color, but because FromArgb is used it is a "Custom" color so the Custom panel is selected when you open the color drop down.

The Locked or Unlocked simply means that the file came with NinjaTrader or did not come with NinjaTrader. Any items that are locked or unlocked can be used from the script by calling its name.

For example, if you wanted to use a SMA in the script, you would just use the syntax as follows to get its value from the Close price series:

Code:
                      double smaValue = SMA(12)[0];
                      The previous file provided is using an ENUM to define the list you see in the indicators Properties which is named: InputSeriesType and you can locate this near the bottom of the file.

Any additional items would need to be added into this enum, and then later used in the logic where needed.

An example would be to find the enum InputSeriesType and locate the line "DEMA", now search the script for each occurrence of InputSeriesType.DEMA and you will see where in the script it is being used and how.

This would allow you to "duplicate" the same logic with a different indicator that is not DEMA. What i mean is that if you wanted to add another MA(lets just call it SMA3) as a option, you would add SMA3 to the InputSeriesType enum and the look in the script for an example of how one of the other MA's has been coded and make your logic just like that.

Additionally, Enum's are a C# concept that is not specific to NinjaTrader, this guide is of great value if any of these concepts are new to you: http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/C_Sharp_Essentials
                      Specifically sections 5 - 11, also there is this documentation for Enum's https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sbbt4032.aspx

thaks Jesse for your detail guide. Now i will sturdy referring to your guide.

Thanks again.

tysjnt

Comment

[QUOTE=tysjnt;417369]thaks Jesse for your detail guide. Now i will sturdy referring to your guide.

However something wrong here. My iogin to Ninjatrader impossible After my search around, i downloaded NT lasteast version 7.0.1000.29. Before this download i uninstalled my current NT v 7.0.1000.27 through windows control panel.

Then all my un-locked indicators disappeared including the 'SlopeEnhancedOp'.
                        Is it possible to recover all the previous lost indicators in the NT v7.0.1000.27.

Thanks again.

tysjnt[

Comment

Hello,

When upgrading to a new version there is no need to un install the platform so going forward you can just run the installer when there is an update.

For your files, they should have been retained during the un install so long as you had not removed the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 7

If you had deleted this folder, that is your user folder and would have removed all of your data. If you had deleted it, please check your recycling bin to ensure it has not been deleted and email our platform support @ ninjatrader.com

If you had not removed the directory, this may just be a compile error preventing the files from being listed, in that case please email our platform support @ ninjatrader.com for assistance regarding this and reference ticket number 1341478.

Comment

Hi Jesse.

Thanks for immediate response. i will try. And another question is: When i down load the NT v7.0.1000.29 didn't ask me to input my 'license Key'. it seems to be for the new account and NT brokerage account. i have IB account only.

Can i use the v7.0.1000.29 or have to delete it and UPDATE the v7.0.1000.28 or just reinstall the previous v7.0.1000.27 using my 'license key ?

Regards.

tysjnt

Comment

Hello,

If you are referring to the web page, if you go to the download site here: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect that should allow you to enter your license and download the update.

When you download the setup and run it, it will install the platform and will not ask for a license when you start it. If this was an upgrade it would use your existing license, otherwise if the platform was uninstalled you may need to enter the license again by going to Help -> License.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post zstheorist  
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes