Horizontal Ray/ Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horizontal Ray/ Line

I have a request for a draw tool.........I think it would be pretty easy for the talent in here. What I would like to have is a horizontal ray that plots to the right where I click my mouse........also it should be tagged with the price its at and how many ticks away price is and live updating of course........1 more thing it should have but I could live with out is for the tags to be on the opposite side of the line from price.........and the ability to name the line like target 1, target 2 or what ever i want. And the ability to change the line properties ie.......color, dash, dot the width and font size.......just a few choices for the font size and line size.

This is what I have so far from the programmer I was working with .......but communication break down came in when I was trying to tell him I need a button on the tool bar so I can load the cursor and drop the line on the chart.......and that I need it to start the plot to the right of my cursor

Thats all it needs......any help would be great.....the file is safe just not complete yet

also the info text and the ticks away number should be further to the right on the line
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sinks; 11-23-2015, 07:01 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I just wanted to provide a quick post as it seems this was not replied to yet.

If this is an item you want to develop out yourself, I could certainly assist in any items you may have questions on or regarding syntax questions, instead if you are just looking to have assistance with the community in creating this item feel free to ignore this post. If you do need further assistance or would like more information on developers etc, please let me know and I will have the appropriate person respond.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse and any help or direction would be a blessing thank you

Jesse.....I feel we are only a few weeks away from NT8 being ready......I hope......I think we would be better off for this to be a NT8 project......and most likely will be easier......I think.

But I will take any direction you can give me.
      Last edited by Sinks; 11-24-2015, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Hi Sinks,

Please pass your programmer the source code of the AdvancedRiskReward indicator source code, can be found at: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=4

One part of the code generate buttons on the tool bar.

I hope it helps.
        Last edited by mmiterli; 11-25-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Hi Jesse,

Not directly related to the original questions but my questions has common part of it: where can I find complete programming reference of NT7? It seems the help section describes only the part of the available objects and corresponding methords. I starterd to study the AdvancedRiskReward indicator sample. I found objects ie. ChartControl, ToolStripButton, etc. which are not documented in the help section (as far as the search was not able to find them).

Thank you your reply in advance!

Comment

Hello,

The help guide would really only contain the Documented NinjaScript or NinjaTrader specific syntax and logic, you can think of this as more of just an API documentation. Because NinjaTrader uses C# for its programming language there are a huge number of resources online to learn C# which you can use and would directly apply to NinjaTrader.

For the undocumented items like ChartControl, these are best researched using the available items other users have posted on the forum or also the questions from the forum. Going forward in NT8 these items will be more documented but for NT7 this would be an advanced programming part of the platform where C# experience really assists in finding information about these items.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you your quick answer!

Comment

Thanks Jesse.......will do

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes