Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Will not Plot on Minute Charts - NT7

Dear Support,

I have been using a variation of a NT7 zigzag indicator to plot on all bar and period types for the last few years with no problem until recently. However, for the past two days the indicator will not plot on Minute charts (1,2,3,5,10M,etc.), but there are no issues with other bar types (Tick, Range, etc.) and time frames.

Any idea what causes this behavior with respect to minute bar charts?

The indicator has no limits on period type or bar type. I assume something has been corrupted. I have gone through all the workspace and data cleanup routines and re-installing of NT7 to remove any corrupted workspace, but the problem remains. The indicator itself has not been modified and works fine on my spare computer running with all time frames and bar types including minute charts.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Hello aligator,

Thank you for writing in.

When attempting to run this indicator on minute charts, do you see any errors appear in the Log tab of the Control Center?

Additionally, do you see any errors appear within the Tools -> Output Window?
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZacharyG View Post
      Hello aligator,

Thank you for writing in.

When attempting to run this indicator on minute charts, do you see any errors appear in the Log tab of the Control Center?

Additionally, do you see any errors appear within the Tools -> Output Window?
      Thank you Zachary_G.

I just switched to a 1M chart, the indicator did not plot and got this message in both the Log Tab and Output Window:

"Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'mahABCD_v5_1' on bar 104: mahABCD_v5_1.DrawText: startBarsAgo out of valid range 0 through 104, was 106."

Apparently, the error occurs on a command to draw text at previous HH() +2 or LL()+2 locations on the ZigZag. The above range will be different based on the swing length (i.e. 24 and 26) for each error, which I believe is the (+2) bars used in Draw statement. Here is the example of the draw statement:

DrawText("200d" ,false ,"200",CurrentBar-lasthibar+2,(lasthi - 2.000*(prevhi - prevlo)),0,
      Color.White,new Font("Segoe Print", 6),StringAlignment.Center,Color.Transparent,Color. Transparent,0);

I do not see this behavior for Tick or Range charts, although I believe it has happened, but very infrequently, not every time.

Many Thanks.

Cheers!

p.s.
      As a related side note: My 1-minute chart templates take a lot longer to plot compared to Ticks, Range, Renko, etc. of sizes filling the same time span on the monitor using only 3-days of data on the same template. Can't figure why 1-M chart would be a lot slower to plot(even compared to a 60 seconds chart).
      Last edited by aligator; 07-15-2016, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Hello aligator,

I would like to test this indicator on my end.

Can you please provide the indicator so I may see if I am able to reproduce this on minute-based charts?

You can export the indicator by clicking on File -> Utilities -> Export NinjaScript… in the Control Center.

In the “Export NinjaScript Archive File (.zip)” window that follows:
        1. Ensure that “Export selected source files” is selected.
        2. Enter a file name for the ZIP file.
        3. Select your indicator from the list and click on the “>” so the indicator moves to the right side of the window.
        4. Click on Export

The ZIP file will be saved in the “\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ExportNinjaScript” folder.
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rtwave
        by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
        7 responses