Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Trend Lines (eSignal Conversion)

Hi All,

I know this indicator used in eSignal that I would love to have in NinjaTrader, both in NT7 and NT8 if possible.

The indicator can be downloaded at:

This website also shows the code used to write the indicator. If I could choose, I would prefer it to be made to work in NinjaTrader 8. However, if it needs to be converted to NT7 first and then into NT8 - this would be ok!

Thanks in advance.

Pete Collins

Hello Pete Collins,

There is an Auto Trend Line indicator in the NinjaTrader forums.

Below is a link to a search for autotrendline which results both the NT7 version and the NT8 version.

If this does not fit your needs, you can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

I am aware of these indicators. However, I really would like someone to convert the indicator that I have seen on eSignal. I have seen this indicator working in real life and it produces greatlinesfor support and resistance. It also plots lines back through the data history - therefore key levels from some time ago are projected forwards.

Some appear as lines and some appear as rays. The most recent ones then project into the future.

If anyone would be able to do the conversion please get in touch with me!

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Collins View Post
        Hi Chelsea,

I am aware of these indicators. However, I really would like someone to convert the indicator that I have seen on eSignal. I have seen this indicator working in real life and it produces greatlinesfor support and resistance. It also plots lines back through the data history - therefore key levels from some time ago are projected forwards.

Some appear as lines and some appear as rays. The most recent ones then project into the future.

If anyone would be able to do the conversion please get in touch with me!

Pete
        Hi Pete,

Here is the partial conversion to NT7 so far. It was easier to attach the conversion here than posting it in downloads, as it still gives a couple of error. However, I have modified the parameters, properties, methods, and some of the classes.

Perhaps someone someone can help you get the last couple of kinks out.

Cheers!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I tried to download this and insert it into NT7. However, when I go to import the Ninjascript,nothing is showing in my downloads. I don't know if the file is the right format?!

Thanks for all the work

Originally posted by aligator View Post
          Hi Pete,

Here is the partial conversion to NT7 so far. It was easier to attach the conversion here than posting it in downloads, as it still gives a couple of error. However, I have modified the parameters, properties, methods, and some of the classes.

Perhaps someone someone can help you get the last couple of kinks out.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello Pete Collins,

The file is a .cs file. Please download the file > copy the file > past it into Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicators > then go to Tools in the Control Center of NinjaTrader > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > select the indicator > when it opens right click and select Compile.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post cls71
            by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
            3 responses