Collapse

Divergence Input Series For NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the picture for the inputs in your reply to me looks like NT7 I do not see anything like that in NT8

I was looking for some ideas as to inputs and settings that would return some trade able setups, i could not get results after i modified the default ( I moved on after that

Comment

Originally posted by DTSSTS View Post
      the picture for the inputs in your reply to me looks like NT7 I do not see anything like that in NT8

I was looking for some ideas as to inputs and settings that would return some trade able setups, i could not get results after i modified the default ( I moved on after that
      1. The picture in post # 12 where I have marked in red rectangles the 2 custom parameters is from NT8. You did not post a picture of what you are looking at in your NT8 screen.

The indicator is a direct conversion of the NT7. So, everything is there.

2. I do not personally use this indicator, however, as with any indicator it is up to the trader to decide a signal is tradeable or not. The indicator only identifies possible divergences for a certain swing size in a certain time frame that may not be tradeable in a different time frame. Not all perceived divergences are detected due to swing limitations.

If you have made the required changes to the default parameters and are not getting any arrows printed it is possible you may not have enough data loaded. Try it on a 5-m chart with 5 days of data.

If you are still interested, please attach a complete screenshot of your NT8 chart showing date, time frame, security name with the indicator applied. Also a screenshot of the list of parameters. I can comment and see where the issue comes from.

Trade well!

Comment

Hi aligator
        Is there a way to use this indicator to plot divergence between MES and MNQ for example?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
        Regards
        Carlos

Comment

Originally posted by Cyanez View Post
          Hi aligator
          Is there a way to use this indicator to plot divergence between MES and MNQ for example?

Thank you in advance for your reply.
          Regards
          Carlos
          No, divergence is a measure of momentum differences. Although it can be programmed for divergence between prices of two instruments. However, divergence between prices of two instruments is meaningless, since their movement can be related to different fundamentals, seasonality, etc. instead of directional momentum.

A better indicator for your purpose might be the Correlation Indicator that measures from 0-100 how one instrument will follow anther instrument's movement. For example, if one moves higher and the other follows, then they are correlated. The more closer to 100 the more correlated, and the more closer to 0 the less they are correlated. For example, the financial stocks are highly correlated to XLF (S&P financial sector ETF). So, if XLF is moving higher, then it would make sense if one buys the Bank of America stock.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes