CCI Pattern Recognition for Woodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCI Pattern Recognition for Woodies

To all my terrific friends from Woodies and hopefully more from NinjaTrader, I have started this discussion here at NinjaTrader so we can continue to improve our product.

The indicator is listed as above in the indicators forum.

Snaphook

Data downloader

Snap... I am having trouble getting data into a spreadsheet from the data downloader...can you give me a thumbnail sketch of how to do it from start to finish...?

Comment

Ooh, how about I direct you to what I posted over on Woodie's site, instead. It is fairly comprehensive. I've posted the data exporter here after making a few changes so it will be compatible with this CCI Pattern Recognition indicator.

The parameters should be vanilla Woodie's and you can set how you want to enter and exit trades along with two stop move points. If you set the stop and move point so they exceed the bar range, it will be impossible to hit a move point and a stop point in the same bar. Hence no questions about a move to 10 ticks and a return to BE before the full move to close at the high of the bar. For a 15 tick range I set my stop @ 16, BE Move 1 to 14 and BE1 at -2, and BE Move 2 to 17 and BE at +1. No fluctuation within a single bar will ever be able to hit both points. I don't necessarily trade it that way, but for data export it is the only really way to have full confidence in the data.

See the 2nd post+ in the thread:

The spreadsheet is there, too, along with a dissertation on it. If you have Excel 2007, the .xlsm spreadsheet is more complete.

Comment

Thank you snaphook

Hi Snaphook

Have been following your work for awhile and testing it with woodies patterns.

I wanted to thank you for all the great work you are doing and hope you. continue to do.

Pat

Comment

Great.... Thanks Snap...

Comment

Originally posted by snaphook View Post
            To all my terrific friends from Woodies and hopefully more from NinjaTrader, I have started this discussion here at NinjaTrader so we can continue to improve our product.

The indicator is listed as above in the indicators forum.

Snaphook
            Hey Snaphook: I finally found out how to reply to your posts.. EUREKA! Well, at least I think I know. We'll see how this one goes.
            Javier (Buscador)

Comment

forum confusion

I just wanted to mention that initially when I read your post on woodies forum I thought you meant the ninja trader forum on woodies website. It took a little while before I realized you might mean the ninja trader website. There may be others who are under the same impression that follow your work.

BTW - I noticed from reading other responses to woodies pattern recognition, there is a way to transfer patterns to a strategy, so one can backtest them.

Have you given this any thought?

Thank you

Pat

Comment

patm15,
                Thank you for the kind words. I have just posted a link to the indicator at the Woodies site.

As far as a strategy is concerned, I started one at one time, but there are so many variations of entry and exit points that I soon became overwhelmed. That is when I developed the Data Export and Spreadsheet, well I already had the spreadsheet.

Enter at Open of next bar, close of current bar, x tick offset from Open. Exit at 100 cross, CCI change, hold on 100 cross if candle is with you. The Data Export has a lot of this and perhaps could be ported to a strategy. If someone could post some specifics regarding entry and exit points triggers, I might give it another shot.

Comment

I'll start with a few suggestions for a strategy

Snaphook

I'll start with a few suggestions for a strategy - perhaps others can amplify on them.

The basic entry points would be once the pattern has formed you can use the bar open if the trade in with the trend/trend change. If on the opposite end of the bar - then if would be bar close - as your indicator dictates for t,b or e etc. Already sounds complicated

Instead of worrying about a specific exit, use 2 targets for starters.

I'll add more as I can - but am getting ready to leave shortly.

Pat

Comment

I applied the indicator to a chart and it squeezes the price bars so that they are unreadable.

Any help for this problem?

Thanks, Al

Comment

Try turning AutoScale off when you apply the indicator.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You can leave Autoscale on, but you need to assure Woodies CCI and the Pattern recognition are in the same, unique panel, not panel 1.

Comment

CCI Pattern forecaster 1.2

Hello,

I tried to add the said indicator. Adding it to panel 1 squeezes price and MAs and I can just see alphabets of the CCI indicator, no pattern.

Even trying to plot in different panel gives same result i.e. only alphabets no pattern

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Dipak
                          Last edited by dipmehta; 08-31-2008, 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

I don't have this indicator so I can't tell you exactly, but from the sounds of it you need all your Woodies indicators in the same panel. This panel cannot be panel 1 (aka the price panel).
                            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

NT_Josh is right. Put Woodies CCI and the Pattern Recognition indicator in the same non panel 1 panel. The only patterns you will see are lines for a ZLR and GB100. The rest are alpha: Z=ZLR, F=Famir, V=Vegas, B=GB100, T=Tony, G=Ghost. There are lower case letters below the cap letters. These indicate where the signal wil trigger. At the top of the range bar (t), bottom of the range bar (b), or at either end (e).

Sometimes you wll see both a long and short signal for the same bar. This may occur if different signals will trigger at the top and bottom of the bar, e.g., a ZLR and a Famir near the 0 line.

If this is confusing to anyone and you are considering looking at Woodies system, trot on over to WoodiesCCIClub dot com and familiarize yourself with his system before trading with this indicator.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by owensd, 04-21-2024, 11:34 PM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH