Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple RSI Calculation

Hello NT,

I need a simple RSI indicator but I'm finding different values from RSI's on other platforms such as ThinkorSwim. After Friday's close on a 5 minute ES chart, Ninjatrader is showing an RSI value of 52.26 using 5 for the period and 1 (lowest possible value) for smooth. ThinkorSwim's simple RSI for the same chart is 88.89. Big difference. How do I get a simple RSI on Ninjatrader?

This link : [url]https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download[/url]

Comment

Hi Emma. The link does not work. It says "Page Not Found". Can you check it again?

Comment

Hello harr5754,

As this inquiry is not related to indicator development and you are asking for a fully developed script from the community, I have moved this thread to the NinjaScript File Sharing section of the forums.

While I'm not sure what Emma was linking, I can include a link to a search for RSI in the user app share.
        [URL="https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-results/?fwp_usa_search=rsi"]https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...usa_search=rsi[/URL]

[I]The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.[/I]
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea, I didn't mean to come across as asking for a fully developed indicator. My main inquiry was how Ninjatrader calculated their RSI since the results were different from simple RSI's on other platforms that don't have a smoothing function. That said, I did find an indicator on the add-on website that addressed the reason I brought it up in the first place. Ninjatrader may want to look at why the RSI in their suite differs from other platforms.

Comment

Chelsea,

Can you tell me how the following code

[CODE](RSI(5, 1)[/CODE]

differs from

[CODE]
            RSI1 = RSI(Close, 5, 1);
            RSI1.Avg[0][/CODE]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post