Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Tick Volume and activity as indicator of market participation and potential direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Volume and activity as indicator of market participation and potential direction

If I ought to be posting this question in a different part of this forum please let me know.

I day trade futures using SmartRenko bricks combined with momentum and order flow indicators to define my setups and identify my edge.

I’m specifically looking for an indicator that can augment my current NT8 trading set up by informing me when there is or has been significant activity in the market. This is based on the assumption that significant activity indicates participation by the larger players who are either able to move the markets to new levels (either up or down) or have been involved in distribution or accumulation.

I found an indicator called the Arps Tick Speed Rectangle: [URL]https://janarps.com/product/arps-tick-speed-rectangles/[/URL] and am communicating with its creator to try to determine if this would address my needs as there is very little information on it on their site but their work is mostly geared towards the TradeStation platform and this would need to be converted to NT8 for me to use it..

As a discretionary retail trader I lack the kind of information that’s available to computing power houses, yet proper use of volume and tick data could probably go a long way to informing who’s participating where and in which direction if I could find the right way to view and interpret the data.

I’m open to hearing your experience and any suggestions you may have on the subject. Not sure where to go forward from here. Open to all and any suggestions.

Many thanks,
    Nolyn

Hello Nolyn,

Thanks for your post.

I am not aware of any existing indicators that would accomplish your goals. However, you may find the Block Volume indicator that comes default with NinjaTrader to be helpful. The Block Volume indicator detects block trades and displays how many occurred per bar. This can be displayed either as trades or volume.

That said, this thread will be open for other community members to share their insight.

You may also find an indicator in our NinjaTrader Ecosystem User App Share Center that accomplishes your goals.

Ecosystem User App Share Center: [URL]https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/[/URL]

Let us know if we may further assist.

[I]The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.[/I]
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post mathewlo  
    Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes