• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Method execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jim
    replied
    Hello Elevator2TheTop,

Thanks for opening the thread.

OnBarUpdate() is an event driven method that occurs on the completion of each bar, or for each incoming tick. When an order method is met, the actual order is not submitted until OnBarUpdate() completes. It would not be advised to use a loop to wait for another event as this can cause a deadlock.

Instead, I would suggest to set a bool to false once your entry condition becomes true so you can restrict actions in OnBarUpdate(). Once the OnExecution() occurs for that trade, you can set that bool to true to allow execution.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Leave a comment:

• Elevator2TheTop
    started a topic Method execution

Method execution

I have a custom strategy that submits a market order in the OnBarUpdate method. Once the market order has been submitted, I want to suspend the OnBarUpdate method until the OnExecution method for that market order has processed. I tried using a "While" loop conditioned on a global variable that is set in OnExecution, but it never left the loop (presumably because the OnExecution method had not processed).

Any suggestions?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Dennis W, Today, 11:02 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post Dennis W  
Started by Johnny Santiago, Today, 10:05 AM
1 response
0 likes