Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Tickdata "behind"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickdata "behind"

Hello,

as I have issues with a 3rd party indicator that is not plotting from time to time the vendor told me that the problem is from NinjaTrader that there is no TickData available.
    I replied the issue is not caused by NinjaTrader.

The question is: when I have in the chart with continuum datafeed the bars plotted in a 1 min chart do I have then also the tickdata or might this be different (maybe if computer was on that time or started later - but doesnt it build up then everything or only bars and not ticks)

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello Tony,

NinjaTrader saves historical data in 3 types: tick, minute and day. When you create a minute based chart, it will load historical minute data and no historical tick data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

thank you for your reply. So, do I understand right: when I´m connected with continuum and I open a minute chart it´s possible that a tick based indicator is not plotting correctly for eg last 30 days but when I open a tick chart then the tick-based indicator should plot OK? (I tested now and for having the indicator plotting in the tick chart I need to do Reload All Historical Data, it seems only then it is is plotting OK) Yes?

And if I need the tick based indicator in a minute chart then it doesn´t help to do Reload All Historical Data in that minute chart, because tick data will still be missing?

Thank you!
      Tony

Comment

Yes, if the indicator requires historical tick data and does not plot at all times, likely you are missing historical tick data. If you reload historical data in a minute based chart, it will not load any historical tick data, only historical minute data.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses