Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automated Trading output instead of input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated Trading output instead of input

Rather than input of trade signals from external sources, I want my chart trader activities to generate output that can be read by another source in real time.

The help file says, " If you are running your own system and you are comfortable with EasyLanguage and want to have bi-directional control of your real-time order processing you should use the pre-configured TradeStation NinjaTrader functions that use the DLL interface."

I think this bi-directional control is what I'm after. How do I access the "pre-configured functions that use the DLL interface."?
    Last edited by Billythekid747; 09-08-2017, 11:30 AM.

Hello Billythekid747,

Thank you for your post.

The DLL interface is used primarily to send information (such as orders) to NinjaTrader.

What is the set up you wish to achieve? Do you wish to write information from NinjaTrader to a file or an external application? What information would be passed from/to NinjaTrader?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I would like to write information from NinjaTrader to an external application or to a file. I am looking to export order entry data. For example: On Ninjatrader, using the chart trader I enter a short trade with an ATM strategy that has both a target order and a stop loss order. I would like the order information to be automatically generated and exported to an external application or file.

Comment

Hello Billythekid747,

Thank you for your response.

For this type of functionality I would recommend using NinjaTrader 8 and a custom Add On NinjaTrader object. I would have the object listen to the Account item updates and then write information to an external file.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thank you. Do you know where I might look to see if someone has created something like this already? Ideally it would write to a file that EasyLanguage could understand.

Comment

Hello Billythekid747,

Thank you for your response.

I am not aware of such an Add On already. NinjaTrader does not use EasyLanguage and the DLL interface would not offer the functions detailed in my last response.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80