Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Disturbance in a chart's smooth operation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disturbance in a chart's smooth operation

I have several indicators using multiple additional series as input series. When I open a chart using a single DataSeries e.g. a 5min chart, there's no problem as long as I am loading sufficient days. The chart and the indicators run smoothly (using as additional series 60min, 120min,.. up to 720min).

But when I open a chart and use two Data Series e.g. a 5Min chart, adding a 15min DataSeries, and then want to use my indicator, then the problem begins. The problem I run into is that it makes the charts flicker/freeze up briefly (for a few seconds) with little white boxes appearing at the top right corner of the chart. These show up either when loading the chart, when I change to another instrument or when I change a setting in one indicator in that chart. If I disregard this "disturbance", then after these few seconds, everything seems to run smoothly, but later on -sometimes after an hour and seemingly out of the blue-, the flicker/freeze up repeats/occurs and eventually can hang up NT altogether.

I have tried all kind of things but have not managed to get this resolved. The Log tab in the ControlCenter, as well as Log and Trace files do not show anything.

Do you have any suggestion?

sandman

Hello sandman,

Thanks for the post.

I'm not sure what is going on in the custom code. You would need to profile your code to see why it is causing performance issues.

Below I will provide the link to the general performance tips for NinjaTrader:

Reducing the days to load could help with this, but the code will need to be tested further to find the exact reason.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The link you provided is for NT8. This is the forum's NT7 section which is also what I am using. Is there a separate link for NT7?

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

Sorry about that, here is the NT7 link:

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view