Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How can I show two colors in one spot or the same bar price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I show two colors in one spot or the same bar price?

Scenario:

I accumulate two diffident numbers but need to show one color (0<X or 0>X ) when going up and another when going down. I currently show this on the current trading price bar by drawing on top of the price bar so I don't have to look at 2 things. I try to never take my eye off the target (price).

Question:

Great gurus of the Ninja World I seek wisdom. I could decide if the current bar went up or down and show the appropriate color using 2 unique sets of colors. It works but not thrilled with the solution as it doesn't really shout at me loud enough. I can also have two separate charts with one always showing up colors and the other always showing down colors. It also works but my eyes go cross eyed trying to watch 2 charts.

I didn't know if anything simple and clean came to your mind as a possible solution. I realize I am trying to show 2 different things at the same spot on the chart, hence my dilemma.

Cheers

Hello ct,

Thanks for your post.

It is not clear to me if you are doing this manually or through a script.

If you are using a script, one suggestion would be to color the body of the candle one color and optionally color the outline of the candle another color to give you both in one candle.
    References:

Tip: if using the outline, set the candle outline thickness (in the data series window) to improve color visibility.

If you are marking this manually, then you might consider using any of the 7 chart markers available through drawing tools and via hot-key.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

you make 1 color width bigger then the other color width, the bigger color width will have to be behind thinner color width.

Comment

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
        you make 1 color width bigger then the other color width, the bigger color width will have to be behind thinner color width.
        nkhoi

Thanks very much for the reply but I opted for the bar color option as the drawing objects added up and slow things down performance wise over time. But I will not deny I like your recommended solution.

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        0 responses