Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Better Volume Indicator HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

The following reference sample will provide you with guidance to accomplish what you are looking to do.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by suburban View Post
      Ben

I know the data I need sits in a local variable called bc. How can I make that variable global or create a global variable which would have the information contained in local variable bc. This new global variable would have to be accessable by another indicator.
      No, the data you need does not sit in a local variable called bc. 'bc' is merely an index value that references one of the 6 plots in the indicator. You can use a number in its place. The number 5 corresponds to LowChurnBar. That is, BetterVolume(5,false,true).Values[5][0] should contain the current value of LowChurnBar.

Try removing the 'if' statement and testing it by printing out the results:

Print(CurrentBar.ToString()+" "+BetterVolume(5,false,true).Values[5][0]);

or

Print(CurrentBar.ToString()+" "+BetterVolume(5,false,true).LowChurnBar[0]);

That would verify whether the results are being returned properly. If they are, then the bit you call 'CODE' is probably the problem.

-Alex

Comment

Mission Accomplished

It works now. What I did was create a dataseries call Btype which was global in the BetterVolumeIndicator. Then I have my customer indicator calling Btype and it is getting the proper response.

BetterVolume(5,false,true).Btype[0]==5

within the BetterVolume Indicator I amended the if statements to include my new btype dataseries which is then set by each condition.

vxr.Set(v * range);
        vdr.Set((range != 0.0) ? v / range : 0.0);
        if (v == MIN(Volume, lookback)[0]) {bc = 1;btype.Set(1);} //LowBar;
        if (vxr[0] == MAX(vxr, lookback)[0]) { bc = 2; ++cc;btype.Set(2);} //ClimaxBar
        if (vdr[0] == MAX(vdr, lookback)[0]) { bc = 3; ++cc;btype.Set(3);} //ChurnBar
        if (cc == 2) {bc = 4;btype.Set(4);} //ClimaxChurnBar;
        if (vdr[0] == MIN(vdr, lookback)[0]) {bc = 5;btype.Set(5);} //LowChurnBar

Thank you all for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

You could have made 'bc' a series too.

Either way, I'm not sure why that's necessary, but at least it's working for you.

-Alex

Comment

??

Originally posted by anachronist View Post
            No, the data you need does not sit in a local variable called bc. 'bc' is merely an index value that references one of the 6 plots in the indicator. You can use a number in its place. The number 5 corresponds to LowChurnBar. That is, BetterVolume(5,false,true).Values[5][0] should contain the current value of LowChurnBar.

Try removing the 'if' statement and testing it by printing out the results:

Print(CurrentBar.ToString()+" "+BetterVolume(5,false,true).Values[5][0]);

or

Print(CurrentBar.ToString()+" "+BetterVolume(5,false,true).LowChurnBar[0]);

That would verify whether the results are being returned properly. If they are, then the bit you call 'CODE' is probably the problem.

-Alex
            ...would this version allow to reference one of the 6 plots in market analyzer? for instance, lowchurnbar would return "5"....

Comment

I don't know, I don't use Market Analyzer. In any case, the indicator being discussed in this thread is out of date. The author of BetterVolume updated his algorithm, and some time ago I ported it to NinjaTrader. It may be in the NT7 file area.

(Note, I don't use this indicator myself, so I have no recommendation about its suitability for anything).
              -Alex

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes