Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

general logic questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

general logic questions

hi guys , i try to distinguish up trund low trend and lateral movements , for do that i try to mesure a body , but is not coherent, becase i set a limit of candel body , if candelbody is <= at 0.14 then is lateral movement , but sometime inside lateral movement , have bar at 0.15 or 0.16, and in trend have the same problem but vice versa inside a trand i have some candel with littel body , and i could consider like in trend , how is possible resolve this problem , exist some function , for simplify ? thankz

Hello faustf,

Thanks for your post.

I am not sure you would be able to distinguish between a trend and a congestion area based on the size of a candle.

You might consider using other indicators to help determine trending verse non trending. Examples of indicators to consider would be Swing which will show swing points. Moving average crossovers, slope of moving averages, Pivot points.

For a congestion area, you might consider observing the high to low not just of one candle but of several to determine if there is a consistent range.

You might also consider using price based bar types rather than time, such as Range, Renko, Tick where price movement creates a bar only when price has move x ticks.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses