Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone got any working SMTP settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got any working SMTP settings?

I am trying to use SendMail() but all the SMTP settings I have tried putting in the Mail setup values of Options have not worked. I even referred to the ones provided here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...il-smtp-setups) but I have still been without success. Is there anyone who has working SMTP settings which I can use to set the Mail setup values in Options? Alternatively, are there other better ways of sending email from script that you've found that do without using SendMail()?

Hello mbesha,

For SendMail() the test message will need to be received in the smtp settings.

I have a video that demonstrates setting this up.

What email service are you using?

Have you setup an application specific password?

I personally have not seen other ways of sending emails, but with unsupported c# it may be possible.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChelseaB. Thanks for the link. The instructions seem to be for NT8 but I presume the same would work for NT7. I have tried with Hotmail, Yahoo and Google and for the last 2, app passwords have been set up. Please verify if the same settings you used in the video work on NT7 as they haven't work on my end. Thanks.

Comment

Hello mbesha,

I overlooked this was in the NinjaTrader 7 section of the forums.

For NinjaTrader 7, you will need to setup your SMTP mail server from the Tools -> Options... -> Misc window.

Below is a link to the help guide on the Misc tab of the Options window.

Also, here is a link to sample SMTP setups for a few different email systems.
        Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not

Once you have completed the SMTP information, click OK to save the settings, then re-open the Tools -> Options... -> Misc tab window and test the setup using the Test... button and your email address.

You will want to check your email to ensure that the message was received successfully. (Its ok to use the same email as the SMTP server as the recipient or test recipient email)
        Below I have included a link to a video I have recorded that demonstrates setting up an smtp server for NinjaTrader 7 to send emails.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChelseaB. Many thanks for the info and the video too. After following your instructions, it's working now. It is not documented that you have to click OK to save settings before testing a setup and this is why all my previous attempts were failing. I suspect other users may also trip up on this point so I suggest adding that to the helpguide info. Much appreciated!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Perr0Grande, Yesterday, 08:16 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 08:12 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse