• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Developing Candle color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developing Candle color

I have an indicator that make the candlesticks in 4 colors, based on MA cross
    So, for bullish, the candle is in 1 color- hollow and solid paint, bearish candle is the same just in different color. The problem is that the new candle that is not finished yet (now developing) is based on the main colors in data box. Is there a syntax to make this candle also to be painted like others?

Hello nikodine,

Thanks for your post.

Your description sounds like the indicator is run with CalculateOnBarClose = true. In the indicator panel, you can change that to CalculateOnBarClose = false which will color the current candle. This may cause the candle to change colors, depending on the logic.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I havent read to much on pinbars, but seem to remember someone saying the open and close of the pinbar had to be inside the open and close of the previous bar. Is that right?

dosnt seem to be what your pics show.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
      Last edited by amzounslide; 09-08-2019, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Hello amzounslide,

Thanks for your post.

I'm not sure how your post relates to this thread nor what your definition of Pin bar comes from? Can you provide further clarification and provide specific NinjaTrader7 references to " dosnt seem to be what your pics show."
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I haven't read to much on pin bars, but seem to remember someone saying the open and close of the Finbar had to be inside the open and close of the previous bar. Is that right liteblue

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Sh00tHerMcGavin, Today, 07:39 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Sh00tHerMcGavin  
          Started by Mberg, Today, 05:13 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes