Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

trading with 2 strategies and closing one of the 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trading with 2 strategies and closing one of the 2

Good morning
    excuse the inaccuracy of the language: I use an online translator
    with the NT 7.0 I can not close by hand one of 2 strategies opposed to each other (such as a spread)... I find no voice that offers me the opportunity to close one strategy and let the other strategy run.
    Do I have to open 2 sub-reports to solve this problem? Click image for larger version

Name:	A.png
Views:	176
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1113226

Hello pol133,

Thanks for your post.

Correct, running two strategies on the same instrument and the same account will interfere with each other, this is expected behavior. As you only have one account, you can only have one account position at any time of long, short, or flat. The strategies will maintain their virtual positions and will continue to place live orders however they will be out of sync with your account position.

To be both long and short on the same instrument, you would need a second account so that each strategy is assigned to their own account.

If you wish to pursue having two accounts, please contact your broker directly to discuss sub or linked accounts.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello pol133,

Thanks for your post.

Correct, running two strategies on the same instrument and the same account will interfere with each other, this is expected behavior. As you only have one account, you can only have one account position at any time of long, short, or flat. The strategies will maintain their virtual positions and will continue to place live orders however they will be out of sync with your account position.

To be both long and short on the same instrument, you would need a second account so that each strategy is assigned to their own account.

If you wish to pursue having two accounts, please contact your broker directly to discuss sub or linked accounts.
      I'm surprised and a little disappointed that such an advanced platform as the NT7 doesn't have this feature!!! it all seems absurd to me.
      However I have already written to support for the possible opening of a second trading account
      thanks for the information

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post GLFX005
      by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM