Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ART Plugin help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ART Plugin help

Hello,

I´ve tried the ART-Pyramid Plugin and wanted to know if it is possible to automate the signals when the pyramids appear. I like this software, but it would be great to backtest the signals i wanted to use.
    The pyramids are only available in the chart view as indicators. Is there any possibility to get the indicators to use in strategy wizard ?? Or can even a programmer access the signals to implement it into a strategy ?? compress photo using gimp

Other question: is it possible to code a colour request ? that means... if i paint the pyramids in big yellow and everything on the chart is black, can i access these pyramids ?

regards,
    Last edited by luigiabsh1972; 09-24-2020, 11:23 PM.

Welcome to the forums luigiabsh1972!

If an indicator exposes signals as plots, then the plots can be read from the Strategy Wizard. This is assuming the indicator is written in a way that is compatible with the Strategy Wizard and will not generate compile errors.

If the indicator uses drawing objects, then the signals cannot be read in the Strategy Wizard. (The same goes for the Strategy Builder in NinjaTrader 8.)

In the Strategy Wizard, we would not be able to look up the color of an object or plot, but we would suggest making the logical comparison instead. For example, an up bar (green bar) is classified when the close is greater than the open.

You may wish to contact the vendor or developer of that indicator to ask about NinjaScript/Strategy Wizard support and if they can provide a version that can be used with automated scripts.

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses