Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Leeloo and TopStep at the same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leeloo and TopStep at the same time

I saw a few topics with this matter but I don't have clear yet.
    The point is, I have an account with leeloo trading with robots, and I want to get another account with top step, there is any wat to have two accounts opened at the same time and replicate the trades of one in the other one? thanks

Hello Thepastys,

Thank you for your post.

I understand that you would like to submit an order to one account and have the same order submitted on a second account.

Account-level OrderUpdate events could be used to pick up orders from one account and submit orders to another account. To accomplish this, you would need to create a script that subscribes to account-level OrderUpdate events to monitor orders sent to the first account. Then, in OnOrderUpdate you could check if an order is filled and if the order is long or short. If the order IsLong, then you can use CreateOrder() to create a buy order and use Submit() to submit the order to the second account. If the order IsShort, you could use CreateOrder() to create a sell order and use Submit() to submit the order to the second account.

Please see the attached example script that demonstrates how this is accomplished.

Also, please see the following help guides linked below for more information.

OrderUpdate - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rderupdate.htm

Submit() — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/?submit.htm

Let us know if we may further assist.
    Attached Files
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I saw something about accounts groups, its possible with that? i don't have any idea of programming ninja trader

Comment

Hello Thepastys,

Thank you for your note.

A custom NinjaScript such as the example script in the previous post would need to be used to submit an order to one account and have the same order placed on the second account. If you would like educational resources and videos regarding learning NinjaScript, please let me know and I will provide you with that information.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

And with that script, i can have two accounts opens in the same ninjatrader or I will need to have to ninjatraders?

Comment

i found this. it would work? https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...unt_groups.htm

Comment

Hello Thepastys,

This is Jim responding on behalf of Brandon who is out of the office at this time.

Brandon's script will not be able to utilize an account that is present on another platform and is not available when you are connected to your brokerage connections.

In NinjaTrader 8 AddOn Framework functionality can be used to duplicate orders to multiple accounts. In NinjaTrader 7, the Account Groups functionality can be used. (Account Group functionality has been turned in to Financial Advisor support for Interactive Brokers FA accounts in NinjaTrader 8.)

That will take care of duplicating orders to other accounts, but getting those accounts available on the platform is another item that needs to be sorted.

Rithmic connections in NinjaTrader only support one connection per platform. We would not be able to create separate connections for Leeloo and TopStepTrader accounts and use those at the same time.

If you have two separate PC's you could consider using the OIF File interface to have orders initiated from one platform, and then dispatched on another platform with the expected account name on that platform. Keep in mind, there is no out of box functionality to create OIF's in an automated fashion. You could create a NinjaScript strategy that submits orders and also generates OIF files to be sent to the other PC and this would accomplish the task, but this would not be plug and play.

OIF File Interface - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._files_oif.htm

Example script that uses a StreamWriter (if you would like to programmatically create OIF files) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_write_to.htm

We look forward to assisting.
              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, I think, I could install ninjatrader in two VPS each one with each account, and use the script to do the connection between. this script would share TP and STP loss? and it works with ninja 7 no?
                Last edited by Thepastys; 11-02-2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Hello Thepastys,

Thank you for your note.

Communication between scripts on different computers is not documented or supported.

OIF files would provide a set of instructions for placing orders. OIF files may provide a stop loss and profit target by either submitting these as orders or by using an ATM name and unique Strategy ID with an entry order.

Transferring these OIF files to another computer would require a personal out of the box solution.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance but what is the group account option? if I don't use different ninjatraders and pc if I use just one, can I make a group and the orders will replicate in any account, I don't mind to have just one account open at the same time I just want to replicate the orders? sorry again for not understand

Comment

Hello Thepastys,

Thank you for that information.

Account Groups in NinjaTrader 7 allows you to group individual accounts into a group account. These account groups will show up in any of the NinjaTrader order entry windows' account selection lists. If selected, any order placed will be replicated and sent to each account that belongs to the group.

Please note that subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually.

You may refer to the help guide link below for information about creating Account Groups - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...unt_groups.htm

Let us know if we may further assist.

Comment

Reference: Running Multiple Funded Account Tests i.e. TopStep and Earn2Trade at the same time.

Just purchase Flow-Bots trade copier, and run each "funded account trial (test)" on a separate computer. You will need an NT8 license for each machine. The license key is usually FREE while attempting the test. Run each test using their free NT license on it's own machine but you will still only have to place and monitor all your trades from the master computer. The limitation everyone is referring to is that all of these trials (tests) use Rithmic, and even using an NT8 multi-broker license, NT8 cannot (and will not) distinguish multiple data feeds FROM THE SAME PROVIDER on a single machine. If you go over two machines (or even just two connections) you will be marked a professional by the Exchange and will pay professional data feeds. [There are other configurations possible, but I'm not here to solve "everyone's" problems.]
                        I don't even want to hear any nonsense on a way to try and goose the system. You will loose!, (fees, fines, suspensions).

Hopefully you will eventually be purchasing your own license(s), and opening a NinjaTrader brokerage account too! Good Luck!
                        Last edited by Flash Futures Trader; 10-02-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thepastys View Post
                          ok, I think, I could install ninjatrader in two VPS each one with each account, and use the script to do the connection between. this script would share TP and STP loss? and it works with ninja 7 no?
                          If you would like my network aware 'TradeCopier' for NinjaTrader 7, please send me a private message.

Last edited by bltdavid; 11-24-2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
                            Hello Thepastys,

This is Jim responding on behalf of Brandon who is out of the office at this time.

Brandon's script will not be able to utilize an account that is present on another platform and is not available when you are connected to your brokerage connections.

In NinjaTrader 8 AddOn Framework functionality can be used to duplicate orders to multiple accounts. In NinjaTrader 7, the Account Groups functionality can be used. (Account Group functionality has been turned in to Financial Advisor support for Interactive Brokers FA accounts in NinjaTrader 8.)

That will take care of duplicating orders to other accounts, but getting those accounts available on the platform is another item that needs to be sorted.

Rithmic connections in NinjaTrader only support one connection per platform. We would not be able to create separate connections for Leeloo and TopStepTrader accounts and use those at the same time.

If you have two separate PC's you could consider using the OIF File interface to have orders initiated from one platform, and then dispatched on another platform with the expected account name on that platform. Keep in mind, there is no out of box functionality to create OIF's in an automated fashion. You could create a NinjaScript strategy that submits orders and also generates OIF files to be sent to the other PC and this would accomplish the task, but this would not be plug and play.

OIF File Interface - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._files_oif.htm

Example script that uses a StreamWriter (if you would like to programmatically create OIF files) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_write_to.htm

We look forward to assisting.

To All:

Lookup Replikanto Trade Copier on the internet.

-best trading to all
                            -FlashGordon

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post aa731
                            by aa731