Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Starting Out Programming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Out Programming

Could someone please point me in the right direction on were I can get started.
    This is what I would like to happen.

If the MACD Diff on close is greater than 0 and MACD moving average is greater than 0 then the candles on the chart are coloured green.

I would recommend setting getting the logic/code right using the strategy wizard first. Then copy that to a new indicator and use the "BarColor" function where you would normally have an order entry.

The strategy wizard is great but the indicator wizard is surprisingly useless, so try to get as much code as you can from the strategy wizard.

Comment

Hello,

Good suggestion Elliot Wave. Thanks!
      The Indicator Wizard there to assist with the skeleton set up for an indicator so it requires more coding by the user.
      DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Elliott, Yes that is much easier to use, 1 more question is I am having trouble with entering the value of "0" for the cross of the MACD above zero, should I use a "My Input Valve" then what would be the Type, default, Min be set to or use a user variable input. Are these variables set to 0, 1, 2 etc?
        The rest I understand, thanks for your help

Comment

Int should be fine, default doesn't matter and min should be in the negatives -10 for example (because the MACD histogram will be going into the negatives as well as positive).

You don't really need to use a variable though. In the condition builder for cross above/cross below you can use "Numeric Value" which is in the blue section (misc I believe).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jeronymite  
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred