Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

programming error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

programming error message

I reinstalled NT 6.5.1000.7 a few days ago followng a motherboard failure on my computer.

I downloaded a couple of files from your file sharing section and when I try to import I get the following error message : "You have custom Ninjascript files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive file".

I do have the MTP add-on for NT, which appears to be working correctly. So, having deleted the downloaded files, I try to remove these MTP files via Utilities>Remove NinjaScript Assembly... then I get the following error message "Remove failed....... these errors must be resolved before removing a NS assembly."

Please advise how to proceed.

Hello,

Please follow these steps:
    -Go to Tools>Edit NinjaScript>Indicator>click on SMA>OK.
    -Press F5 on your keyboard to compile the code.
    -You should now have an error message at the bottom. Double click the red error.
    -This should pull up a new file. You must either resolve the errors within this new file or comment them out using "//" to the left of the code.
    -Then select F5 again. You should get no errors at the bottom if you have resolved them.
    -Now you should be able to compile all NinjaScript and Strategy Wizard files.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank-you, Ben. The error message tells me that the KamaPivotRange.dll cannot be found. However, if I navigate to the location quoted, it is there. I do not know what this dll is for, so I tried to delete the KAMA indicator, which I do not use, but then received the "You cannot delete a system indicator message".

Please advise what to do next !?

Comment

KamaPivotRange.dll is most likely a 3rd party indicator from one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants (http://www.kamacoder.com/default.aspx). This is a guess as to what it is, but for sure it is not the KAMA indicator.

If you have KamaPivotRange.dll what you want to do is right click in your NinjaScript Editor and select References. Then press Add to add the KamaPivotRange.dll to the list. If you do not have this you will need to find the NinjaScript that is trying to access KamaPivotRange and delete the call from tehre.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          KamaPivotRange.dll is most likely a 3rd party indicator from one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants (http://www.kamacoder.com/default.aspx). This is a guess as to what it is, but for sure it is not the KAMA indicator.

If you have KamaPivotRange.dll what you want to do is right click in your NinjaScript Editor and select References. Then press Add to add the KamaPivotRange.dll to the list. If you do not have this you will need to find the NinjaScript that is trying to access KamaPivotRange and delete the call from tehre.
          Yes, I think this dll is the problem, but I neither know how to get to References (right clicking doesn't seem to do anything via Edit NinjaScript>Indicator, nor can i find the kamacoder NinjaScript for the KamaPivot Range indicator... where should it be, please ?

Btw, I tried to delete the dll, but my system won't let me (

Comment

Hello,

When you in the indicator code, right click on the code>References (it is at the bottom of the list).

Comment

What I'm trying to say is, being a total imbecile, I cannot find the &*^%$ Ninjascript, so I cannot follow either of Josh's suggestions....

Is the route I am taking correct ? Tools>Edit NinjaScript>Indicator, then I am thinking that I should see the KamaPivotRange indicator, double click on it and then be able to right click for References.

However, I do not see the indicator.

Comment

Hello,

Just open any strategy or indicator the way you describe below then right click>References.

Comment

It was on the list, but I added it again just to be sure, closed the platform, reopened the platform... same issue. Please advise how i follow Josh's second suggestion, which is to "delete the call from there". I cannot find the NinjaScript for this indicator, whcih was downloaded prior to my motherboard failure. Please advise if there is a way to delete all the offending items ! Getting desperate now...

Comment

jtrade,

Go to the references page again. Now remove all instances of KamaPivotRange.dll from there. Press F5 to compile. Close NT. Delete KamaPivotRange.dll.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank-you for persisting... 'done that, but now I get 8 lines of KamaPivotRange.cs errors on compiling. Essentially, the software is looking for it, so I guess that means there is a script somewhere that I am failing to delete. I have tried a computer search, but nothing comes up.

Any more suggestions, please ?

Comment

Hello,

As a last resort you could always start over with NT. Here are instructions:

Uninstall NinjaTrader 6.5, AND ANY OTHER VERSION OF NINJATRADER, from the Windows Control Panel under Add/Remove Programs. (If you leave another version on your computer this could possibly interfere.)

Then delete the folder NinjaTrader 6.5. The folder is located under Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5.

Next, search your computer for any NinjaTrader related files or folders and delete them.

After this delete any temporary internet files and windows temporary files. Open up Internet Explorer and click Tools--> Internet Options and Delete Cookies and Files

Now reboot your PC and download our latest production release from here:

Note: You want to Run the software, not Save.

After the download enter your license under Help--> License Key and also create an account connection (again) under Tools--> Account Connections.
                        This link has the connection guides in it: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...tionguides.htm

Comment

OK, Ben... was hoping to avoid that, but will do.

J.

Edit : all done and working well.
                          Thanks for your support.

... and actually, it' good to completely spring clean the system from time to time...
                          Last edited by jtrade; 11-06-2008, 03:09 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post chbruno