Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Wizard

Hello,

Please advise me how to put parameters in Strategy wizard, I want that when my strategy is VALID on 2 consecative bars then 1 Alert Arrow should be placed on chart.

I asked Muly the programer for this but he told me it could be done out of Strategy wizard. But i would like to double check from you, If it could be possible with in the Strategy Wizard.

awaiting

Regards
    Faraz

Faraz,

This is possible in the Strategy Wizard. Please see the Help Guide for beginner Strategy Wizard tutorials. We will be having a Strategy Wizard class on this coming Tuesday at 5:30PM ET. Please feel free to drop by there as well.

In terms of how you can get what you want, you want to create a set of conditions that increases a counter variable. When your counter variable is increased twice in a row then you want to draw your arrow. If it is not being increased or has already drawn the arrow reset your counter variable.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      Faraz,

This is possible in the Strategy Wizard. Please see the Help Guide for beginner Strategy Wizard tutorials. We will be having a Strategy Wizard class on this coming Tuesday at 5:30PM ET. Please feel free to drop by there as well.

In terms of how you can get what you want, you want to create a set of conditions that increases a counter variable. When your counter variable is increased twice in a row then you want to draw your arrow. If it is not being increased or has already drawn the arrow reset your counter variable.

Hello

Problem is 5:30PM ET would be 3:30AM in Pakistan, I live abroad and it would be very difficult for me. If you can elaborate bit more how it could be done then i can show your wording to my programer Muly he is a well known Ninja Script developer. But he is not geting idea how to do it in Strategy wizard. Also could you please tell me where to find Beginner Strategy wizard tutorial.

awaiting

Comment

Here is the link to the Strategy Wizard. We do not have a specific area in the help guide demonstrating your exact scenario, but to do it you want to do something with the User Defined Variables.

When your conditions is true and Variable0 = 0, set it to 1. In set 2, when your conditions are true and Variable0 = 1, set it to 2. When Variable0 = 2, draw your arrow.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses