Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Array from other indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Array from other indicator

Is it possible to use an indicator like a function in order to put data into an array within a custom indicator.

What I am trying to do is to create some code within an indicator that will grab the High of a scalper high and the low of a Scalper low and store them in an array?

Any ideas? Is it possible?

Thx in advance

Why do you need to store the data? Assuming the high/low values of the this scalper indicator are plots, they are already stored in an array for you to access.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Re:

Thx for the quick response. 2 answers ...

This is my first forray into arrays, so I just wanted something simple that I could work with without having to figure out the Scalper indicator arrays.

The indicator that I am developing is going to be large and I don't want to clutter it up with the Scalper code.

Am I looking at this the wrong way and should just modify the original Scalper indicator to my needs, or can/should I have my code using the scalper indicator to fill my array?

Comment

All values of an indicator are held in an internal Array which is why I asked what you are trying to do. If you want to create an array of values for each bar on a chart, there is not need to do this since the indicator plot values are already stored in an array.

Comment

Re:

Ray. I understand that all values are already stored in an array/dataseries. What I am trying to do is grab the low or high when a scalper signal occurs and store this in a 3 dimensional array "Count" "High or Low value" and "H/L". I don't think that I will get this from the standard dataseries?

Comment

Let me rephase my question

Can I extract information/signals from one indicator and use it within another indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by traderT View Post
              Ray. I understand that all values are already stored in an array/dataseries. What I am trying to do is grab the low or high when a scalper signal occurs and store this in a 3 dimensional array "Count" "High or Low value" and "H/L". I don't think that I will get this from the standard dataseries?
              Right, then you just have to create a multi-dimensional array. I suggest googling "C# Arrays" or something similar to find online resources to help you with arrays.

Comment

Originally posted by traderT View Post
                Can I extract information/signals from one indicator and use it within another indicator?
                Yes of course, open the Stochastics indicator for an example, you will see that this calls both the SMA andf MAX indicators.

Comment

Thanks for the info

My Dummies Guide to C# arrived today so will see what happens. Have since (this morning) rewritten the scalper indicator into something that I understand (without any arrays) - now I can add this info to my array - in theory. Cheers for the advice.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jaybedreamin  
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888