Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Discrepancies and lack of functionality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrepancies and lack of functionality.

I have been coding Ninja for the past 3 weeks and have noticed that there are discrepencies in the way Ninja treats ATM and non-ATM orders.

ATM: can place order and have it do some nice things: Auto Breakeven , and muti-targets. But, there is lack of other functionality. Like account performance, accessing the trade by onOrderUpdate or OnExecute.

Non-ATM: access to OnOrderUpdate, OnExecute, and easy to manipulate the order. But, multi-target and Auto Breakeven are not there.

Don’t get me wrong. I like ninja and all that I can do with it. But why restrict functionality with one or the other?

Are there plans to put these functionalities in future releases?

Thanks!

bsamani,

The difference between the two is that one is unmanaged and one is managed. Because of the fundamental difference they come with different limitations. As far as being able to auto breakeven, you can program the logic yourself for such behavior. See the OnOrderUpdate/OnExecution reference sample. Multi-target is possible as well provided you scaled-in first. Improvements are always on our list of future considerations.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh,

If ATM and Non ATM would both work for your strategy, which one would you, Josh, choose to deploy? With all the pro's and con's of both I can not make an educated decision. BTW I only trade E Mini's futures (ES, NQ) so which would be best for me considering that these markets can move very rapidly?

Comment

Non-ATM for reasons you have discussed. More flexibility, better control.

Your decision should be driven by what kind of strategy you hope to be running though. ATM allows you the flexibility in manually controlling your trades while non-ATM, it is not possible.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Josh would i be correct in saying the non atm way to place trades is all simulated on the local PC? Meaning stops and profit targets are not stored on the exchange.

Comment

Hi cirion, this will depend on which broker you connect to - see this overview here > http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for that info Bertrand

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
              9 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Gavini
              by Gavini