Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Coding q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coding q

Hi everyone
    I am still simming and familiarising myself with NT and plan to trade with a mainly mechanical approach with descretionary ellements. I havent considered coding my method to help with refining it until now. I dont know anything about NT code so please excuse the basicness of this post. Just for eg.....if I had an entry criteria that involved an entry following the formatiion of a tweezer top candle formation, that relied on confirmation something like

1...some trend confirmation criteria prior to its formation

and

2...the following candle opening below the tweezer top and then ticking down (intraday time frame)

.....then I would add a stop, profit and auto trail strategy....would it be possible to code something akin to that with a view to backtesting? If so, how long would it take to learn the coding to do so...or are there services that could do it for a fee?

Thanks
    Last edited by lindsayf; 12-25-2008, 05:48 PM.

You definitely could custom code your requirements in NinjaScript.

I suggest ripping through the reference samples to get an idea of what it would take to code NinjaScript: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...splay.php?f=30

As last resort a certified NinjaScript consultant would be at help: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Providing a effort estimate is close to impossible, since it would be dependent on your learning curve and the actual details of your requirements. May be community could provide some feedback on their past experiences?!?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse