Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bar

Hi,

check the attached, I want to identify Higest bar in the given time. I tried the logic but it is not working check the attached and let me know what is worng with it.

awaiting
    Attached Files

That will not work. To check the highest bar within that time you need to set your condition to run the check once at 7:50 PM. You need to then move HighestBar to an Action. You want to set Variable0 to take on the value as deterined by HighestBar. In HighestBar you need to pass in a period that would correlate with the number of bars that it would take to bring it back to 7:25 PM. I.e. A period of 25 if you are on 1min charts. Then you can take the value of Variable0 and then use that to plot where you want your diamond.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,

Problem with Highest/Lowest bar using is that they donot look back after X number of bars for example lets say i want to see 6 bars high/low so they will not be trigered until after 6 bars we get some high/low. suppose by 7:50 PM there is NO lower low bars then it cannot identify Lower bars. Check the attached today market open pic i attached. The above blue Triangles high light is showing the time and bars when we are going to find out the high and low. and the Red bar are showing highest bars.

did you get the point?

awaiting
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I do not follow. HighestBar has a period as defined by the user. When you move forward a few more bars your period remaining the same will result in a comparison for highest bar across a different range. For sure you will experience a lowering of your dots because you are not including those prior higher bars in your analysis.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Ok I have done,, code is bit length as i have no other choice and I checked on each bar if it is higher then other bars.

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post trilliantrader  
          Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
          1 response
          0 likes