Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Please Help with OHLC values in indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help with OHLC values in indicators

Please Help!!! i am trying to use High, Low, etc in a simple calculation for an indicator in NT6.5. The problem is the software seems to only recognize the first two places after the decimal whereas i need all four. I am looking for 1.2345 to use in my calculation and i am only getting 1.23. How do i solve this problem?

Hi bwarner, which variable types do you use? Try using the type 'double'. You can also post your code here and we take a look...Thanks!
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I added two lines to the modheikenashi indicator equal to the high and low of that bar. When i try to use the two lines i added in modheiken ashi i get the problem i previously described.
      Attached Files

Comment

bwarner,

How are you determining this is the case? If you are trying to visually justify this it will not work. You need to print the actual line values from your code and look at it from the Output Window.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i am not quite sure what you just told me but it basically sounded like what i have will not work. Basically i just want to know if there is a way to use the line1 and line2 values from modheikenashi in another indicator or strategy the same way one would use HAOpen or HAClose?

Comment

What I was trying to convey is that you cannot visually quantify what the line's actual value is from a chart. You need to print out the values from your code.

Print(Plot[0].ToString()); or something along those lines. Whatever your plot/line name is. Then you need to look in the Output Window and that will inform you as to what the value of the line.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Tim-c
            by Tim-c

Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
            0 responses