Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

specifying panel for indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

specifying panel for indicators

Hi. I have two questions.
    1) is it possible to have ninjascript strategies run properly without having the indicators used in the script shown on the chart? from my own experience the answer is no, but i am wondering if there some way to make that work.

2) I was curious as to whether or not there is a code snippet or some way to allow specific indicators used in a ninjascript strategy to placed in certain panels. i realized that they basically show up on the chart according to their order in the script, but i wanted to know if you could have certain incidators show up in a particular panel. I was asking in the event that there is no way to have the strategy run properly without indicators on the chart.

Hello,

1) is it possible to have ninjascript strategies run properly without having the indicators used in the script shown on the chart? from my own experience the answer is no, but i am wondering if there some way to make that work.
    >>Yes, just don't Add() them in the initialization block.

2) I was curious as to whether or not there is a code snippet or some way to allow specific indicators used in a ninjascript strategy to placed in certain panels. i realized that they basically show up on the chart according to their order in the script, but i wanted to know if you could have certain incidators show up in a particular panel. I was asking in the event that there is no way to have the strategy run properly without indicators on the chart.
    >>It is only the order you Add() them as you mention.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

that is what i thought. However, when i don't add them in that block the strategy does not work as it should. it does not work when do not include all the indicators in the initialization block, but it does work only when i include all of them. what am i doing wrong?

Comment

bwarner,

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? What is the behavior you are experiencing? You do not need to have Add() of the indicator to use the indicator. Create yourself a blank strategy and just add Print(SMA(10)[0].ToString()) in the OnBarUpdate() and you will see you can access the SMA values.

As for #2, you want to check this link out: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3228
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hey
          i think im in the right thread if not send me somewhere else
          i'm currently trying to get my DS to sit in the same panel in as my candle stick chart but every time i do it the candles turn into tiny little dots, if you guys understood any of that any advice would be great.
          Cheers

Comment

Arsch,

Currently you cannot overlay indicators if they have a different scale than the price axis scale. The reason the price becomes a squished line when you add the indicator to the same panel is because you are still using the price axis scale. Values of 0-1 would be much lower than a stock priced up at $90-100 and as such to display both in one panel means they will both be very squished in order to show a 0-100 range.

Comment

Thanks Josh
              so just curious but are you guys going to maybe make it available in your next release

Comment

Arsch,

NT7 will provide many charting improvements and we hope you will be pleased when it is released.

Comment

Thanks Josh
                  Any hint as to when NT 7 will be released?

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 is scheduled for the second quarter of 2009.
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cls71
                    by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM