Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Wizard Trailing Stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Wizard Trailing Stop

Hi,

Check attached, In Strategy Wizard I want to use TrailingStop feature but I donot understand how to enter the settings required for trailing stop. I want that stop should be trailed when i get 4 ticks in profit. I tried to get help files on this topic but could not found any thing or examples..

awaiting
    Attached Files

Hi mohdfraz, the SetTrailStop works differently than the AutoTrail feature in the ATM strategies, they way you set it up will trail the stop 6 ticks behind your entryprice.

For ideas how to program a dynamically changed stop loss in the NinjaScript editor you can check this reference sample - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3222
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ben,

The link u gave me provide strategy example in ninja script so not good for me.

Secondly you are saying that :they way you set it up will trail the stop 6 ticks behind your entryprice. : But it is not trailing at all. when price move up it should start trailing which it is not doing.
      I am happy with this trailing but if it work like this.

awaiting

Comment

Sorry mohdfraz, the trailstop will be x ticks behind your maximum profit point in the trade. So for example if you enter at 823 and the price moves to 825.25 and you set a trail stop to 8 ticks it will sit at 823.25 (for the ES).

Comment

Hi Ben,

right, but I am saying that it is not working like that. I send u the screen shot you can see the TrailingStop is not moving. Also i send you the strategy place it on 1 minute chart and it will intiaite 1 lot order after 1 minute delay and you see it your self. run it on the simulation data feed so you can move data up or down as per your equirement.

awaiting
          Attached Files

Comment

Please retest this on a real market, as this works properly on my end over on the ES 03-09 100 tick chart. The simulated feed has not enough history to initalize your strategy properly. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Ben,
              You are right, it is working fine on real data.
              I wounder way it was not working on simulation data.

Have a great day

Thanks

Comment

Hi Ben,

One more problem, When i tried to back test this strategy, it did not able to generate a single trade and nothing came up. But if run this strategy on the real data it will place trades, and exit them and manage it. Why Strategy Analys is not generating report from it.

awaiting

Comment

Which market and datafeed did you run this on to test? Please consider that the sim feed has no history...when let your stratey run on the ES 03-09 on ZenFire I get proper backtest results in the Strategy Analyzer as well as by running it from a chart.

Comment

Hi Ben,
                    Yes, I am on Zenfire data feed and SIM account but in Strategy Analyzer i cann't find any place to change the account. I guss thats because it is runing backtest not placing trades.
                    These where my steps to test the strategy, Click file > New > Strategy anaylzer > right click on ES 03-09 select BackTest > slect strategy > checked settings for 1 month data on 5 minutes bar then click OK to run it.. Then it download the data and run the test but re****s are not coming any thing all things are Zero displaying.

what did i wrong? as compare to your run?

awaiting

Comment

Hi mohdfraz, my name is Bertrand. Do you see any errors in the Log tab? Do you get results when you try this from a normal chart? Also consider the strategy does only enter 'Short' trades so you would expect to see 0's in the Long trades category. If you changed the strategy from the posted one, please reattach the modified one.

Comment

Thanks for the logs per mail, please disconnect from ZenFire and go to Tools > Options > Misc and Repair your DB. Then reconnect and test a shorter amount of days like 5...you get some 'Out of memory' errors when trying to backtest. Thanks!

Comment

Hi Bretrand,

I downloaded the strategy again from this link and imported to make sure we both looking same. Also i sent the log on [email protected] the subject name you yours. you can find it quickly.

Strategy analyzer showing all results zero not a single trade coming.

I donot know how to run strategy analyzer from the chart you tell me and i will do the test from that as well.

do you guys have some kind of remort access fasility so you can take control of my computer and run the test by your self and see for your self.

awaiting

Comment

Sure we can do a remote login to check your setup out. First, please follow the suggestions send via mail and my post below and try to run it from a chart, here's how - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...romAChart.html

Comment

Hi Bertrand, I did as you said run back test on 5 days but still geting zero results.

awaiting

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Nyman
                              by Nyman

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
                              9 responses