Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need Advice on Custom Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice on Custom Indicator

I have a real time custom indicator that produces a sound alert when it triggers. How can I convert the sound alert to an email or any other alternate export via strategy wizard.

Thanks

The Strategy Wizard cannot change anything on an indicator. You need to change the indicator directly. If you want to send a mail you need to use SendMail() in the code instead.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I dont have access to the indicators methods. I need to find a way of using some type of input to match against the criteria of the plot (or .WAV alert) of the indicator so that when it plots it sends me a notification via email. I can do the email bit.

Comment

Trader_Rob,

Just make the changes in the indicator itself. Add the SendMail() line of code to the indicator.

Comment

Hi, The code for the indicator is proprietry, I dont have access to change it. However. although the values in the databox are blank most of the time the values can be seen in the data box when the indicator has plotted.

I am guessing that if the data is held in the databox is should be accessable from somewhere in the data tables held in Ninjatrader somewhere. Can I access these same tables that are used in the data box data?

Comment

Trader_Rob,

You can. Generally you can do IndicatorName().PlotName[0] to access the values. IndicatorName would be the name of your indicator and PlotName would be the name displayed in the Data Box. This is a generality and does not always hold true. You may need to contact the original author for more information on how to code against their indicator.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes