Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alerts based on the body of candlesticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts based on the body of candlesticks

Hi,

I am looking for something that will provide me with an alert to assist my form of trading rather than to monitor the charts all day. Hence I have signed up to NinjaTrader in hope that someone can help as I'm not particularly great when it comes to programming. It is (I think anyway) very simplistic however I am struggling!!

Basically - I am after a script that will alert me once the BODY of a candlestick has formed above/below a certain price (ignoring any wicks). I then want an alert once a candle starts to form in the opposite direction.

I.e. I want an alert when the body of a green one hour candle is above say 1.4300 on GBP/USD upon formation of a new candle (or indeed an existing one). At this point I enter long on a trade. I then want an alert again once a red (downward) candlestick starts to form indicating that I should close the trade.

When I say upon formation, say the first 10/20 pips on a 1 hour timeframe or even better, some other indicator that substantiates that there is deifinite direction.

Hopefully I will then eventually be able to automate this strategy to acutally place my trades too!

Thanks in advance.

Pip Raider,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums. What you are looking for is doable through custom programming as a NinjaScript Strategy.

As a last resort you can also try one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks so much for the reply. At least I now know it is doable before I spend time on it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
      6 responses
      2 likes
      Last Post ultls
      by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes