Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Session Start Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Start Time

I am looking for the equivilant to TradeStation's Sess1StartTime reserve word. What is the best method to find the session start time in NinjaTrader?

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

I am not familiar with TS, however try this:

Use FirstBarOfSession:

Then use Time[0] to get the time.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How to use FirstBarOfSession

How can we test FirstBarOfSession in the simulated data feed environment ? Here I always get False.

If I use Time[0], then it is giving the system time than the session start time.

If we want to get a specific session like, 1st session or 2nd session how can I achieve the same in NT. In Tradestation we have the functions like SessionStartTime(1,2) means, the second session's start time.

Comment

Hello,

Yes, the simulated data feed doesn't have sessions. Try connecting to another data feed so the session times will work.

>>If I use Time[0], then it is giving the system time than the session start time.

I am sorry I don't understand the above statement. As soon as you get to the first bar of the session Time[0] return the time of the first tick of the first bar of the session, which is what I thought you wanted. You could also use Open[0] of that bar.

It sounds like you are trying to find the session begin times retroactively. For this you may need to loop backward with a "for" loop through the bars until FirstBarOfSession returns true then use the for loop index like this Open[i] (where "i" is your for loop index) to find the time for that bar and the start of that session. I'm not aware of any easier way. However I will have someone double check this for you.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You could also use SessionBreak and store the time stamp then if it returns true - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...sionBreak.html

Generally sessions can be set from the 'Chart Properties' - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...roperties.html
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you !

Thank you for the suggestions. I believe Bars.GetSessionBar(1) will give the first bar in the 2nd session information. I am getting the time of Bars.GetSessionBar(1).Time if (Bars.GetSessionBar(1) != null).

Is this code has any problems to access individual session begin times ?

Comment

Hi Kirannarik, unfortunately this is not supported - you will need debug your custom code and make sure it works as expected, for proper debugging techniques please review this tip - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3418
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post usazencort  
              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
              5 responses