Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BarsUp/BarsDown Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarsUp/BarsDown Indicators

Regarding the "BarsUp/BarsDown" indicators, I was wondering is there an easy way to have those print as a dot above and below the bars on the price chart rather than a default separate indicator(s)?

I have tried using different plot commands but I'm not having much luck. Thanks!

Create a new custom indicator that checks the BarsUp/BarsDown indicators for a true condition, then call the DrawDot() method to draw the dot. Make sure you have

Overlay = true;

In initialize so a new indicator panel will not be created.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray, thanks for the info . . I'll try what you recommended.

Comment

Ray, I tried what you recommended but it's still not compiling correctly. Could you please tell me what I'm doing wrong . . Thanks!

/// This method is used to configure the indicator and is called once before any bar data is loaded.
        ///</summary>
        protectedoverridevoid Initialize()
        {
        Add (DrawDot(
        "tag1", true, 0, Low[0] - TickSize, Color.Red));
        CalculateOnBarClose =
        true;
        Overlay =
        true;
        }

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the BarsUp/Dn indicators, but here's an idea how to plot a blue dot below the Low of the bar when a bar with an Up close was found -
          Code:
          [SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]protected[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]override[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]void[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] OnBarUpdate()
          {
          [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2] (Close[[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]] > Open[[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]])
          DrawDot(CurrentBar.ToString(), [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]true[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2], Low[[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]0[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]] - TickSize, Color.Blue);[/FONT]
          }
          [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand and Ray. Never got this to work. Obviously, NT programming is beyond me. This only took a fraction of the coding in Tradestation for me. Like other folks said regarding NT . . one needs to be a programmer first, then a trader. I guess I'll just live with it in a separate panel. Thanks for trying . .

Comment

You are welcome, you could also take a look at our strategy wizard and use this to generate the needed code with a point and click approach - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rdScreens.html

You don't have to issue entry / exit orders, just use it to place your dot(s) when then conditions become true.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
              1 response
              0 likes