Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Parabolic SAR on different timeframe ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parabolic SAR on different timeframe ??

My strategy use parabolic SAR for trailing, when I use different time frame … “range bars” …. in stead of “minute bars” … I’ve recognize that parabolic indicator use values calculated from minute chart ?? Any advice how to bind used timeframe and parabolic SAR values?

Thanks

Radim

Radim,

ParabolicSAR is like any other indicator. If you use different time frames for sure you end up with different results. The data points for calculations are all different and that is what you are seeing. If you just want the PSAR values from the minute time frame you can do this by creating a multi-time frame strategy. Please see this article: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ameInstruments
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by RADIMJ View Post
      My strategy use parabolic SAR for trailing, when I use different time frame … “range bars” …. in stead of “minute bars” … I’ve recognize that parabolic indicator use values calculated from minute chart ?? Any advice how to bind used timeframe and parabolic SAR values?

Thanks

Radim
      Not seeing it Radim, this is a fresh capture from a live chart side by side, showing differering values for a range and minute chart. Seems to work fine. Parabolic is calculated off of the bar, no matter what you define the bar to be.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post gentlebenthebear  
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Kaledus