Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strange Exits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Exits

I have a strategy that is basically trading a CCI crossover. There are no Exit commands in the strategy, just EnterLong() and EnterShort(). Everytime I load the strategy on the chart, it immedately closes any open positions. How can this happen if I have no exit commands? The strategy should be always in.

Not sure I follow you. Starting a strategy does not touch anything you do outside of the strategy.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It immediately closes any open strategy positions. I have attached 2 screenshots. In screenshot #1 you will see my long position is immediately exited when the strategy initializes. Screenshot #2 shows a few minutes later when I refresh the chart. The exit from screenshot #1 is removed, we reverse our position accordingly, however the new position is also exited immediately upon starting the strategy. Again I have no Exit() commands in my strategy, it is reversals only.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please strip the script down to simplest possible version and retry - are you properly synched up when starting this script? Do you immediately submit live historical working orders or do you 'wait until flat' ?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My OnBarUpdate() method contiains 20 lines of code including comments. I have stripped the code down to the point where I have 1 EnterLongStop() and 1 EnterShortStop() command. I do not have the option to wait until flat to send orders enabled. I am also running using the simulator, so I clear all trades prior to enabling the strategy.

Comment

Ok, did you debug this with TraceOrders enabled in the Initialize? Then check the output window where the 'strange exit order' is evoked from.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by SystemTrading View Post
              My OnBarUpdate() method contiains 20 lines of code including comments. I have stripped the code down to the point where I have 1 EnterLongStop() and 1 EnterShortStop() command. I do not have the option to wait until flat to send orders enabled. I am also running using the simulator, so I clear all trades prior to enabling the strategy.
              Are you sure that restarting strategy closes positions when it starts?
              May be it's a case when you restart the strategy, one instance terminates and that instance close open positions?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920  
              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post wzgy0920