Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Performance.AllTrades. class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance.AllTrades. class

Is there any reference as to the options available for the Performance.AllTrades. class?? I'm interested in how to calculate the "Realized" and "Unrealized" that shows on the strategy tab..
    I do have the samplePNL script which has good stuff, but cant seem to calculate the above mentioned.
    i also checked lot http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ollectionClass but kinda slim on whats available
    Last edited by gg80108; 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM.

Trades class shows you end of trade results where you can aggregate to get Realized PnL. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nceValuesClass

For Unrealized PnL you need to use this: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...?GetProfitLoss
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there anyway to get Unrealized PnL intrabar? I'm running it " Position.GetProfitLoss(Close[0], PerformanceUnit.Currency) " in "OnMarketData" with a Print and it doesn appear to be updating until endofbar. Thx.

Comment

BradB,

If you run your strategy CalculateOnBarClose = false you should get it updated every single tick.

Comment

Yeah Josh, that's what I'm doing now. I didn't want my order routing firing off orders every new tick update, but I got around that. Sorry for not explaining myself very well.

Thx.

Comment

Ok, I guess I'm back to the original question. If I use CalculateOnBarClose = false it throws of my evaluation criteria, such as a CCI zero corss that may happen numerous times intrabar. It appears I need to run this Strategy with CalculateOnBarClose = true.

That being the case, is there a way I can the Unrealized PnL intrabar? Shouldn't it work by putting it in "OnMarketData"?

Comment

No, GetProfitLoss() is calculated based off of Close[0]. If you are only updating at the end of each bar, well, Close[0] is only updated once and as such GetProfitLoss() updates once.

Run with CalculateOnBarClose = false and then just filter parts of your code to calculate once at the end of the bar.

Code:
              if (FirstTickOfBar)
              {
                   // Do something at the end of the bar. All bar referencing needs to be indexed back one so [0] would now be [1]. FirstTickOfBar is the same event as the closing of the prior bar.
              }

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post zstheorist  
              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
              8 responses