Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Getting Ready To Go Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready To Go Live

Hey Ya'll,

I'm getting ready to test my strategy live and I have to address some problems before hand. Was wondering if anyone had some insight as to address some of my anticiapted issues.

1) How does NT handle broker connect errors? If the broker data feed fails what is going to happen to a strategy that is running off that feed? Would the result be any different if running RealtimeErrorHandling = RealtimeErrorHandling.TakeNoAction?

2) What the best way to have persistant variables within NT? Main application would be for money management system that needs to have access to persistant performance results between NT start-ups.

3) Anyway to send text messages to a cell phone from within NT? Would be nice to be able to know if I need to check on a position when the strategy encounters an error.

Hi darckeen,

1. The strategy would be terminated in this case. With RealTimeErrorHandling set to TakeNoAction you could define your own error handing for this scenario, like which orders to send if reconnection is established. Please be aware that setting this to TakeNoAction can have serious impacts and this is offered for advanced programmers only.

2. Not sure I follow, unfortunately you can't access your live account at this point from within NinjaScript.

3. You can use SendMail() and then use a provider that converts those emails to text messages for your cellphone to be alerted.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

For 2) I would like the system to be able to know how it has been performing. The result should be based on performance since inception which would involve NT being shut down and restarted and still have the same results for its performance. I guess since I can't access broker account data from within NT I need to record the info myself outside NT.

Comment

For this you can then work with the Performance class - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...rformance.html

Here's a reference sample introducing this - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4084
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by wzgy0920, Today, 09:53 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes