Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Metatrader -> NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metatrader -> NinjaScript

I'm an advanced Metatrader/MQL4 programmer and need to get up to speed with NinjaScript. I have a few very basic questions that will get me started:

1. How can I get a copy of NinjaTrader and non-expiring market feed to experiment with? Those of you familiar with Metatrader know what I mean. From what I see on the NinjaTrader site, I can download the platform for free but can only get a two-week trial data feed.

2. As I understand it, NinjaScript is a superset of C#. Does that mean I can use any normal C# functions to open/read/write files, access DLLs, etc?

3. Are there any distribution/licensing limitations on NinjaScripts that I write? I assume "no" but I want to make sure.

Thank you!
    SetFreeByTruth

1. NinjaTrader does not provide the data. You need to supplement NinjaTrader with your own data provider. Please see this break down here of the various providers: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData
    Send an email to sales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com if you would like to set up a free trial with one of them.

2. That is correct.

3. If you would like to sell/distribute what you make I do recommend you contact our sales department at the email provided earlier. We have additional services which you may be interested in and can discuss with them about.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post CactusMan  
    Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes