Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyzer and Ninja Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer and Ninja Script

Hi All,

If I build a custom Market Analyzer and want the results to be used in my trading strategy using C# is this possible? or does the whole strategy within the market analyzer have to be coded in one place using the Ninja Script window?

I mean if I create strategies using the Wizard I can see and use the automatically generated C# code to fiddle about and extend if needs be, I was wondering if the code for the Market Analyzer was a) anywhere for me to look at and b) if I was able to use the results of the market analyser in my C# strategy???

Also what does the F5 button do? this is confusing it says reload Ninja Script which would imply it does use it somehow? how is this related?

Look forward to hearing from you,

James

Hello,

This is beyond the level of support we provide.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What does the F5 button do then?

Comment

To clarify:
        - market analyzer has nothing to do with NinjaScript strategies whatsoever
        - NinjaScript is the language in which NinjaScript strategies and NinjaScript indicators and NinjaScript market analyzer columns are coded
        - pressing F5 in the market analyzer would reload the market analyzer column definition. Again this has nothing to do with NinjaScript strategies.
        - you could backtest NinjaScript strategies which either are created by wizard or by manual coding, in the strategy analyzer

We have a couple of free recurring webinars which should provide you a guidance on what is what. I recommend attending one or more of these: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/tr...ine_events.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle
        by yertle

Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes