Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

My biggest regret of 2008 - having bought a lifetime license of NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My biggest regret of 2008 - having bought a lifetime license of NT

Very disappointed by what's offered by NT 6.5 outside of charting a couple of instruments using ZenFire / TT.... everything else (stocks for example) is a nightmare, sluggish, cpu intensive, you name it...

The lack of firm dates on a new version is even more upsetting... I read NT7 will do this, that and more of that... what I have in my hands at this point is a software that flicks like hell anytime it switches from one instrument to another (even with data sources such as eSignal)... anyway, my rant here!

If anyone here has found a way to get a refund let me know!

No problems here

I am surprised that you are having trouble with Ninja and Esignal. I Have been using the Ninja/Esignal combination for about two years with no major problems at all. Any minor problems I have had have been sorted out with a few emails to support and were found to be due to my programming errors or a Microsoft Net upgrade.

You will see from the forum posts that there are quite a few people running very intensive tasks with Ninja. May I respectfully suggest that you try to sort out your problems with the Ninja guys who I have always found to be quite helpfull. (I have a lifetime licence and I notice that the cost is approximately half of another package I use!)

Comment

MicroAl, thanks for the encouragement. I have actually followed your advice. Got a fresh Windows XP and installed NT from scratch... tried ZenFire with 2-3 future instruments, no problems... added 50 stocks, tried yahoo as datafeed, problems, freezing (operation cannot be cancelled, etc)... tried eSignal, 50 symbols, again, some bars (daily) would not load, 4-5 flashes of this boring dialog box saying "refresh, operation cannot be cancelled"... In summary, I don't believe this product is ready for prime time except for intraday traders who want to trade 2-3 instruments using ZenFire or TT... oh yeah, I've tried IB as datafeed too... talking about slugish... anyway, I bought NT for it's trade management capabilities which are good... My (and I believe of a lot of other people in this board) is the fact that NT.com talks about version 7 this and that, and more of that... was supposed to be in 3Q08, than 1Q09 and goes on and on...

Originally posted by MicroAl View Post
      I am surprised that you are having trouble with Ninja and Esignal. I Have been using the Ninja/Esignal combination for about two years with no major problems at all. Any minor problems I have had have been sorted out with a few emails to support and were found to be due to my programming errors or a Microsoft Net upgrade.

You will see from the forum posts that there are quite a few people running very intensive tasks with Ninja. May I respectfully suggest that you try to sort out your problems with the Ninja guys who I have always found to be quite helpfull. (I have a lifetime licence and I notice that the cost is approximately half of another package I use!)

Comment

Problems with Ninja

I have heard that Yahoo can restrict the number of instruments etc that can be downloaded at a time etc.

I am certaintly no expert on Ninja, but it looks as if your problems are due to Ninja taking a lot of processor/memory resources etc. I suspect that Ninja has a lot of safeguards built in compared to pure charting packages which are not specifically aimed at live trading. I do not have many symbols running at the same time but have had about 6 workspaces loaded with many many tick charts on each with about 10 instruments with no problems. I also run the Market analyser with the Dow stocks again with no problems.

This is on a fairly basic modern laptop with a core2 duo processor. On the forum somewhere someone has produced a benchmark for Ninja that can be run. Many people have run it and there are results for different
        processors etc. Might be worth looking at to see how your system compares. I think Ninja 6.5 only uses one processor core but I may be wrong on this. Incidentially my system runs on Vista. Ninja 7 is still due to be released at the end of this month and will be able to use Multicores.

What else do you run on your system? I find some antivirus packages though effective can slow the system down dramatically.

Have you been in contact with the Ninja people? As this is an open forum I am surprised that they have made no comments yet.

Comment

MicroAl, thanks for your responses -

tradinghumble, please contact us with your trace and logs files using the Help > Mail to Support feature so we can help you sort things out and improve performance. Thanks.
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes