Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

General question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please try changing the Plots min / max assignments to this -

Code:
    Plots[0].Min = 0;
    Plots[[COLOR=red]1[/COLOR]].Max = 0;
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Please try changing the Plots min / max assignments to this -

Code:
      Plots[0].Min = 0;
      Plots[[COLOR=red]1[/COLOR]].Max = 0;
      Thx for your help Bertrand.
      That worked.

Now I need to have this with a 5 ATR and for all of it to be plotted as a line on the chart panel..!!

Any help or links to cover this.?
      For complete novice at this I'm finding the examples in the help link descriptions very difficult to understand.

thx
      Last edited by dj22522; 06-08-2009, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Great, unfortunately I don't have links in mind specifically for what you ask - though you can take a look at the ATR trailing stops from our sharing section > http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...&id=20&catid=1

Overlaying your CCI on the price panel is unfortunately not supported with NinjaTrader 6.5 - with NinjaTrader 7 this will become simpler as we introduce new chart scaling options then.

If you need professional custom coding help, I can recommend checking out those - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

Great, unfortunately I don't have links in mind specifically for what you ask - though you can take a look at the ATR trailing stops from our sharing section > http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...&id=20&catid=1

Overlaying your CCI on the price panel is unfortunately not supported with NinjaTrader 6.5 - with NinjaTrader 7 this will become simpler as we introduce new chart scaling options then.

If you need professional custom coding help, I can recommend checking out those - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Just to be clear are you saying it's presently not possible to do this:?

"50-bar CCI and looks to see if it is above/below zero. Then it adds or subtracts a (by default) 5-bar ATR. That colors red/blue accordingly."
          EDIT: it's something called TrendMagic from MetaTrader

Also re: previously posted.
          Do you have any links that might help for this ?

"I have a 1min chart up but want to see in study window at bottom of chart (or along the bottom of price chart as per Mikes suggestion) a series of dots that color (red for down and green for up) depending on the macd zero cross for say a 60min, 30min and 5min chart.

The dots would create a horizontal line (like building a wall) for each slower time frame as each bar builds for the time frame I am on (in this case a 1 min) ."

thx
          Last edited by dj22522; 06-08-2009, 06:22 AM.

Comment

dj22522, unfortunately I'm not familiar specifically with this study, but it should be possible to create it. For MultiTimeFrame indicators you would have to wait for NinjaTrader 7 as it will offer MultiSeries charting features. If you can post a screenshot of the indicator at work, the community might step in and help you code this for NinjaTrader.

Comment

dj22522, unfortunately I'm not familiar specifically with this study, but it should be possible to create it. For MultiTimeFrame indicators you would have to wait for NinjaTrader 7 as it will offer MultiSeries charting features. If you can post a screenshot of the indicator at work, the community might step in and help you code this for NinjaTrader.

It's an approach being applied on another site (hope it's ok to post it here.? please delete if not allowed)
              This link includes the MetaTrader scripts. I think the TrendMagic is what you call open source so it's free ?

Forex Factory is where professional traders connect to the forex markets, and to each other.

Anyway, hope someone can help to convert it to NT.

thx again for your time Bertrand.
              Last edited by dj22522; 06-08-2009, 06:53 AM.

Comment

You're welcome dj22522 - I hope somebody picks it up and helps you convert it. If you really need this done for you, you can always contact a NinjaScript consultant - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

You're welcome dj22522 - I hope somebody picks it up and helps you convert it. If you really need this done for you, you can always contact a NinjaScript consultant - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
                  Let's hope so.

One last question if I may. re: Laguerre
                  Can you help with why this will not plot properly with CalculateOnBarCLose set to False ? No problem when set to True.

It plots but all over the place.

thx
                  Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately we would not know. Likely the strategy is assuming current values and previous values for calculations to be related on a per bar basis. When you set CalculateOnBarClose = false it is now running on a per tick basis and that can screw up calculations. You will want to contact the original author for further assistance.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The way this is written will not work when CalculateOnBarClose = false because the L0A, L1A, L2A, L3A variables are being updated with the values of the previous tick and not the previous bar as they should. To correct it, make the following change:

protected override void OnBarUpdate()
                      {
                      if(FirstTickOfBar)
                      {
                      L0A = L0;
                      L1A = L1;
                      L2A = L2;
                      L3A = L3;
                      }
                      L0 = (1 - gamma)*Close[0] + gamma*L0A;
                      L1 = - gamma *L0 + L0A + gamma *L1A;
                      L2 = - gamma *L1 + L1A + gamma *L2A;