Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Duplicate Method Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Method Names

I have experience coding indicators and systems for various platforms over the last 10+ years. I'm new to NinjaScript and having a hard time wrapping my head around some of the concepts being used.

When I try to import an indicator to another computer I sometimes get a "Import failed. The existing NinjaScript file "XXXXXXX" contains duplicate method names found in the imported NinjaScript Archive File" error message.

What exactly does this mean and what am I looking for to try to fix it? Is it an indicator name that already exists and I can't override it? Is it some sort of "name" within the code that is already being used in an existing indicator? I've tried googling for an answer but all I get is techno-speak that doesn't help me out.

Can anyone give me a concise explanation so that I can have some sort of starting point to fix the problem without going to techno-speak school?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Could be either of your explanations. It just means it has conflicts with something already installed on your system. Conflict could come from anywhere.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This also bothers me. I could have an indicator that I could send to a friend who has custom assemblies installed and it will work fine. Compile it as an assembly, have them uninstall the working indicator, send the new compiled version and have it fail because of some conflict with code in the other custom assemblies. Irritating as all get out since you then have no idea what the conflict is.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

my solution

I had this problem too. It occurred when I imported some indicators onto the machine I do most of my development from. I think NT was somehow including the recent imports in my exports - if that makes sense.

I removed all the imports and now I only export from my development machine. It seems to have resolved this issue.

Hope this help
        Dave
        ChartCandy.com

Comment

I think if you import a custom assembly, then later want to import a modified version of that custom assembly, you must first remove the current custom assembly then import the modified version.

This only seems to be a problem when you export / import a custom assembly that is in the form of a dll.
          mrlogik
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Such an annoyance. If I have five indicators to export as DLL's I first have to import each indicator to my laptop NT, but just one at a time, and export as DLL. I have no other indicators imported or else there is the possibility of troubles. If there is another assembly installed I run the risk of my exported assembly requiring the other in order to import on another machine. Another minor bug, if my exported assembly does need another assembly (to access), it should warn during the export that the other is required. The problem is that the warning occurs, along with the included text file, only once or twice out of five or six exports. That doesnt even make sense that NT misses the requirement.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses